Security Installer Community

Yet Another Quesion With Gardtec!

another thign about my panel is i have always wondered that when i have custom text displayed on this panel after setting or unsetting the system the message that says like <<<UNSET>>> OR <<<SET 1>>> above the time dissappears is there a way i can keep this text instead of it dissappearing?

Kind Regards,

Jack Buchan

JDB Solutions

Web: www.jdbsolutions.co.uk

E-Mail: jack@jdbsolutions.co.uk

Guest anguscanplay
another thign about my panel is i have always wondered that when i have custom text displayed on this panel after setting or unsetting the system the message that says like <<<UNSET>>> OR <<<SET 1>>> above the time dissappears is there a way i can keep this text instead of it dissappearing?

did you default the panel as british standard (BS) or european regs (EN)?

did you default the panel as british standard (BS) or european regs (EN)?

I DEFAULTED TO BS 2 AND USED VO-COMM TO MONITOR

Kind Regards,

Jack Buchan

JDB Solutions

Guest anguscanplay
I DEFAULTED TO BS 2 AND USED VO-COMM TO MONITOR

your CAPS appears to be stuck on and you`ve chosen the EN2 setting which doesnt indicate status

your CAPS appears to be stuck on and you`ve chosen the EN2 setting which doesnt indicate status

Ahh i see sorry about caps ! just realised was filling out another form on website emm so what is difference between BS and EN2 apart from the obv not displaying the status and why do they not display this also if i used EN3 would that have made it display.

Is there a quick way of changing apart from the obv defaulting the panel it doesnt appear so but just incase if you dont ask you dont know!

Kind Regards,

Jack Buchan

JDB Solutions

Guest anguscanplay
Ahh i see sorry about caps ! just realised was filling out another form on website emm so what is difference between BS and EN2 apart from the obv not displaying the status and why do they not display this also far too many to go into on a public forum if i used EN3 would that have made it display. No

Is there a quick way of changing apart from the obv defaulting the panel it doesnt appear so but just incase if you dont ask you dont know!again the answer unfortunatly is -No

Jack.

You seem to be asking alot about different systems, faults and technical details for a member of the general public.

Don't take this the wrong way but we can't/won't provide too much info on mulitple topics in a public forum.

If you are in the alarm industry apply to join the trade side of the forum via the link below.

Chris.

Can you give me a ruff idea of the differences just so i know please

how do i become trade

As I said Jack via the link below!

You need to be able to prove your in the trade however as you will be vetted 1st to confirm & it takes approx a week.

Chris.

Can you give me a ruff idea of the differences just so i know please

how do i become trade

hi Jack,

please see this in the best of lights, we all basically like to help but your asking so many questions, many so very basic about different set-ups we as pro's start to get concerned your not fully able technically to keep yourself out of possible trouble.

a lot of what you have asked should be dealt with by your vendor or much better put into the hands of a fully trained pro engineer. you change a setting or settings on another system using info inline from the 1st advice, which then cripples your system protection wise, and we can't see from here what effect it might have.

we can't really run the equivalently of a home learners course, we just keep to a limited amount of simple explanations of terms mainly to get people over a particular blind spot.

i hope you understand.

regards

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived