Security Installer Community

Bentley V2 20 40 Alpha Alarm - Help Please

markzp

Dear All,

I wonder if anyone can help me please. I have a Bentley V2 20 40 (Alpha) alarm and recently i have had a couple of doors replaced. In the process i have lost one of the concealed door contacts. I also need a surface mounted contact for a UPVC door.

Can anyone tell me the make and model of compatible contacts so that i can re-instate the alarm.

In addition, help with wiring the contact terminals would also be appreciated (it looks like only the red and black cores have been used in the control panel).

Many thanks

antinode,

Thank you for your reply. I have looked at the security warehouse website but was thrown as there is the option of contacts with either red or green resisters and i wasn't sure what this meant.

I will also replace the battery as recommended, any advice on the best make to buy.

Thanks for your help.

No problems.

I would go for a Yuasa, the biggest you can fit inside the panel (possibly a 7ah, but it may be a 2.8 or 2.1ah that is fitted, you need to check before you order a battery that may not fit inside!) The code for the 7ah battery is NP7-12, NP2.1-12 for the 2.1ah battery and NP2.8-12 for the 2.8ah battery.

I have found them to be consistently reliable batteries compared to the other "cheaper" ones you can get.

Here are direct links to the contacts you need:

White Surface Contact

White Flush Contact

Trade Member

Dear All,

I am trying to re-instate a Bentley V2 alarm but when i try to set the alarm there appears to be faults in two of the four zones. The red light on zones 2 and 3 remain on and the tamper light is also on to indicate a fault.

I thought that by replacing two incomplete contacts (see below) that this would resolve the problem but this was to no avail. I'm guessing that there are 101 possible reasons why it still doesn't work but are there any common reasons for failure that i can eliminate first?

Background

As far as i can tell the alarm system works by arming all of the internal and external doors (there are no pir sensors). I believe zone 1 is the front door and i think zone 4 is linked to a panic button. It seems logical that zone 2 arms the two external doors at the back of the house and zone 3 arms the three internal doors downstairs, but i'm only guessing. Is there any way that i can identify which contacts relate to which zones by looking in the control panel? Also, is there anyway that i can test each of the contacts to confirm that they are 'live' and eliminate the possiblity that the cable has been damaged underground?

One of the internal doors has been replaced and the magnetic part of the concealed contact has been lost. I purchased a new contact and tried to place the new magnetic part against the old wired contact to see if the zone would arm. Unfortunately this does not appear to have solved the problem. Should this have worked or do i need to replace both parts of the contact?

Also one of the rear external doors has been replaced with a upvc door and i need to replace the original concealed contact with a surface mounted one (it would seem that the original contact was cut out). I had a look inside the control panel and thought that only the red and black cores were used but having carefully removed one of the other concealed contacts it would seem that the red core and yellow core are wired to each of the silver screws and the black and blue cores are joined together on a single brass screw. I copied this wiring pattern for the new surface mounted contact but couldn't eliminate the fault.

Sorry for the lenghty text, but i would be grateful fo any help.

Could be 101 reason for this.

You didnt mention if you had been using the alarm before the doors were removed but in a tamper situation you would have had to have entered your code to stop the internal sounder. Sounds like you need to get a professional in. Phone around for some quotes, the bentley panels were good but havent been around for a while.

Archived