Security Installer Community

Ctec Xfp Fault Cleared Reoccuring Problem

Hi I have a CTEC XFP single loop apollo system with 8 sounders and 7 call points, we have just completed a first service and the event log is full of device fault cleared messagesm in fact 499 in past 2 weeks, however no fault is being logged just the cleared message, the device fault cleared message is always showing as a sounder beacon (CTEC own type used) but is random addresses and at no specific time of day, have ruled out it being a panel problem, but am now some what confused any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

thanks john, that was my first thought however have checked all devices and cables within, all seemed OK, have visually checked cables where possible and all appear OK, earth fault monitoring is on and coninuity is good all round!!!

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Guest Cerberus NI
Hi I have a CTEC XFP single loop apollo system with 8 sounders and 7 call points, we have just completed a first service and the event log is full of device fault cleared messagesm in fact 499 in past 2 weeks, however no fault is being logged just the cleared message, the device fault cleared message is always showing as a sounder beacon (CTEC own type used) but is random addresses and at no specific time of day, have ruled out it being a panel problem, but am now some what confused any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not familiar with these but is there an option for either normal or diagnostic fault logging?I know that if you leave it in diagnostic on a Morley the log gets pretty full pretty quick.

I'm not familiar with these but is there an option for either normal or diagnostic fault logging?I know that if you leave it in diagnostic on a Morley the log gets pretty full pretty quick.

Thanks, no this is a very basic entry level panel and has no such features

i'm not a fire engineer, but in intruder 'we' us iD technology. simoply these are buiscuits with pre stamped iD's which are fitted to devices. it's not unknown especially after a lightning strikes for one or more device's to go rogue and spuriously pump out the wrong address on the bus line. this floods an existing working address causing a device error in the panel, even alarms or tampers.

wondered if that is the issue you have with one or more devices. to find out either replace completely or if safe to do so you might to diss say half of the units and watch the log, then diss the other half (reinstating the 1st set) and again watch the log, depends if the fault is that reoccurring,.

sorry if i'm way of beam, but just hope it helps and will now toodle off back over to intruder - where i also don't belong (according to some ;) ).

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest Cerberus NI
i'm not a fire engineer, but in intruder 'we' us iD technology. simoply these are buiscuits with pre stamped iD's which are fitted to devices. it's not unknown especially after a lightning strikes for one or more device's to go rogue and spuriously pump out the wrong address on the bus line. this floods an existing working address causing a device error in the panel, even alarms or tampers.

wondered if that is the issue you have with one or more devices. to find out either replace completely or if safe to do so you might to diss say half of the units and watch the log, then diss the other half (reinstating the 1st set) and again watch the log, depends if the fault is that reoccurring,.

sorry if i'm way of beam, but just hope it helps and will now toodle off back over to intruder - where i also don't belong (according to some ;) ).

regs

alan

It could be a rogue sounder (as Arfur has said - morning Alan) - any way you can split the loop and eliminate to ID which end it's on?

offish topic, isolators any on it or being so small do you not bother?

Thanks guys, there are no isolators installed, not one we installed but have receommended them between the zones. Will try ditching half the system and see what happens, obviously subject to clients willingness!!!!

Thanks again will keep you all posted

offish topic, isolators any on it or being so small do you not bother?

There must be at least one isolator in the loop, surely?

Otherwise a short would take out the whole system.

Fire Member

Archived