Security Installer Community

Morley Panels

L200

I an just about to whack a Morley in to pick up Nittan detection (Not Evolution) , anyone had experience of Nittan , and are there any strange new problems with the panel , I had major problems a few years back with Hochiki loop sounders , it went like 'Its Morley' No Hochiki 'Its Morley' No Hochiki 'Its Morley' No Hochiki

Guest Cerberus NI
I an just about to whack a Morley in to pick up Nittan detection (Not Evolution) , anyone had experience of Nittan , and are there any strange new problems with the panel , I had major problems a few years back with Hochiki loop sounders , it went like 'Its Morley' No Hochiki 'Its Morley' No Hochiki 'Its Morley' No Hochiki

Definately was a Morley then!!Not sure if you have went for trade status but there are countless threads on here in the Fire section regarding "issues" with Morleys - have you considered an alternative??? :whistle:

Just incase you dont already know select jumper B in the panel for nitan protocol and also go into setup options and accept before telling the panel how many loop cards have been installed, just read it on their website as I was looking for some information on sav wire.

Steven Sneddon

Thank you boys , helpful as ever , I have been using sav wire systems since Electronic Alarms started it years ago , if you need any help on these let me know

Regards

I was actually looking for some specifications on these as I have fitted one for Chubb today a 2 zone sav wire with 4 sounders on one zone and 2 on zone 2, I am not worried about this system but the other system we have to fit has a lot more sounders on it, and in my experience I get landed with the not so experienced commisioning engineer who has me chasing faults that are down to the system in my time.

Steven Sneddon

If its a Chubb panel , its could well be a Protector Alarms , based in Gipsy Hill , you will find them on the web . As long as the sounders are connected in reverse polariy on the detection zone you wont have a problem .

what panel is it replacing? if its replacing a protec panel or static systems you may have to change the line isolators (and not just remove them and link them out) as they throw up some strange faults.

Depends how many loops your running but the cheaper option would be to go for a C-TEC AFP panel which is a few hundred quid cheaper than the morley kit and better tech support

Its replacing an old nittan manufactured thing (and i mean thing wont be able to sell it on ebay !) looking to do 4 loops , will have a look at CTec couldn't think of anyone else's panel who would run it .

Its replacing an old nittan manufactured thing (and i mean thing wont be able to sell it on ebay !) looking to do 4 loops , will have a look at CTec couldn't think of anyone else's panel who would run it .

Ctecs AFPs are only 2 loop and are NOT network enabled.

Ive used Morley on loads of ex Protec An95 sites (Nittan), no problems.....

DOC

Guest Cerberus NI
Ctecs AFPs are only 2 loop and are NOT network enabled.

Ive used Morley on loads of ex Protec An95 sites (Nittan), no problems.....

DOC

Two loop yes but they are networkable - I don't recall them being available in NITTAN protocol though.

There is of course this delightful looking item - Bleughhhhh!

Archived