Security Installer Community

Active 8 Pirs

morning guys,

my first post of many hopefully.i am fitting a accenta mini security system in a domestic property,my querie is that on the pir's there is a jumper to select the pulse from 1-4,is this the same as setting the zone to double knock for instance, and if so if you select the jumper to 2 and put on the double knock on for the zone does is require 4 detection's before the zone is triggered?

also 1 of the rooms has 2 large bay windows and a set of french doors which look out directly onto the pavement(virtually), will there be any problem fitting these pir's in there,obviously setting the sensitivity to suit the size of room?

any help greatly received. :)

morning guys,

my first post of many hopefully.i am fitting a accenta mini security system in a domestic property,my querie is that on the pir's there is a jumper to select the pulse from 1-4,is this the same as setting the zone to double knock for instance, and if so if you select the jumper to 2 and put on the double knock on for the zone does is require 4 detection's before the zone is triggered?

Double-knock is two activations on the zone before an alarm is triggered but pulse-count is basically setting the pir to allow greater movement before it causes a single activation.

also 1 of the rooms has 2 large bay windows and a set of french doors which look out directly onto the pavement(virtually), will there be any problem fitting these pir's in there,obviously setting the sensitivity to suit the size of room?

any help greatly received. :)

That won't be a problem but don't aim the pirs at the large area of glass as that can cause false alarms.

Double-knock is two activations on the zone before an alarm is triggered but pulse-count is basically setting the pir to allow greater movement before it causes a single activation.

That won't be a problem but don't aim the pirs at the large area of glass as that can cause false alarms.

brilliant thanks for your input.

just to enlarge a little on topalarms post,

if you have 2 zones on double knock (in panel programming) the 1st knock is on detector One and then a further 1st knock is on detector 2 the panel sum both knocks and detector 2 shows as the cause of the alarm, the assumption being an intruder has moved from area to area.

there is a time window setting which governs how long the 1st knock is 'held' before reverting back to requiring 2 knocks before an activation, otherwise the 1st knock could be on friday night the second one Sunday morning (but lets leave the ruling 'alf out of this ;) ).

if a double knocked detector remains in constant alarm for a pre determined timed period, that will cause an activation on tne panel without reuiring a 2nd knock.

these days DK is very rarely if ever used, even in harsh environments. as modern detectors are available with far better designed. but if an existing detector gives problems due to changes in its environment, sometimes as a quick fix (temporarily i'd hope) then it is used, you also have to understand it reduces your security response level.

dependin on the pir design it will count 'frames' of movement or even the changes of direction (as in pet pirs) before activating.

most modern pirs have white light filtration so less likely to be upset by car headlamps, but reflected sun off the coffee table or polished lamnated floor area's on a bright cloudy day can have effect, thats often when you might 'up' the pulse count on that detctor :)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived