Security Installer Community

Programing Premier 24 Keypad Zones As Entry/exit.

Hi all,

Yet another post, promise soon I'll leave you all alone but honestly I'm at the stage now where I have to complete this install plus, its great to lean also.

Anyway, I want to use the Premier 24 Keypad zones for my front door as an entry/exit zone but need to know the following.

On the front door I have a Shock sensor which is connected to a magnetic contact.

The wiring is as follows:

From a four core cable I have a YELLOW to one end of the actual SHOCK sensor bit, a BLUE to one of the T's a BLACK to another T and a RED to one end of the magnetic strip. The other end of the magnetic strip is joined by a single off cut of RED cable to the other end of the actual SHOCK sensor bit.

Can you tell me what cable goes where on the RKP and, is this an open, closed connection, End of Line, Double Pole etc etc.

Thank you!

Hi,It sounds like the two devices-strip and shock are wired in series-using the yellow and red as alarm, with the blue and black as tamper off the shock-if theres no resistors then it's basically just wired normally closed-Ie double pole.

The two tamper go to the t terms and the alarm/zone goes to the Z.You'll have to program the KP zones on as well-they will be have to be mapped to two free zones on the system1-24.

Richard.

Archived