Security Installer Community

"daisey Chaining"

A quick question,

On my shock sensor I have two connections to the actual sensor the four other connections called T - T and two called SPARE.

In reverse...

The shock sensor on the patio has a yellow and a blue connected to it.

The cable then runs to the magnetic contact and the YELLOW is cut. The yellow FROM the shock sensor is connected to one end, the yellow from the other cable going to the CP is joined to the other end of the magnetic contact. The blue is not cut and continues to the other door (detail below) and all other wires are cut and not used.

The same cable (Yellow & Blue) then runs to another Shock sensor, this time the yellow connects to the shock SENSOR and my blue to the T where it joins an off cut cable which the red connects to one end of the magnetic contact. The other end of the off cut on the magnetic strip then goes yellow which connects to the SPARE joining a blue cable to the other SHOCK sensor. On the same (NEW) cable the YELLOW is connected to the other end of the shock sensor then moves onto the next, so moving to the next SHOCK sensor on the NEW cable is a Blue and a Yellow. All other wires are cut and not used.

Hoping your all still with me...

The cable then runs off to the kitchen en-route to the CP but before it gets there it joins TWO other cables, one connected to a SHOCK Sensor and the other to the CP.

For all the above wiring this is called INCOMING.

The wires are connected as follows:

Cable FROM the CP has a YELLOW which is connected to my INCOMING YELLOW, a RED which is connected to my INCOMING BLUE then all the others in the following order go to the other single Shock sensor in the following order ON A SEPERATE CABLE:

A BLUE to the shocks BLACK (Black is connected to the T)

A BLACK to the shocks BLUE (Blue is connected to the other T)

A WHITE to the shocks YELLOW (Connected to the actual SHOCK sensor)

A GREEN to the shocks RED (connected to the other end of the actual SHOCK sensor (with the above Yellow)

Now, on my old alarm's CP

Zone 1 was a Yellow & Red

Zone 2 was a White & Green

Zone 8 was a Black and Blue

Here is my question for the Premier 24...

Are there three zones and, what are they? For the set-up of the panel are they normally open, normally closed, Double Pole, End of line or Triple End of Line?

Please help! I

sounds to me (with respect) the whole system could be called 'incoming' as sounds like a war zone (if you will excuse the pun).

seems your system has been wired in either loop or maybe Double Pole, both are series wired, also seems with little thought of the more 'correct' and sensible separate zoning procedures a decent engineer would do.

EOL and DEOL use resistors (you don't mention any) so will not be O/C (Open Circuit), and offer cable monitoring on the cables used, so more secure but also report faults as they happen, not waiting until you try to set.

i would really advise you to get some pro help in on this and have it sorted properly,

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived