Security Installer Community

Indigovision Videobridge Nvr And Rack

easy

All,

I have done some searching with now luck and and am having trouble with the following and need advice:

My company put in a temporary CCTV installation for a short term contract a few years ago which I wasnt involved in, and the equipment was subsequently removed and placed in storage.

After a cleanup in the new year the equipment was discovered and I have been tasked with validating its existence. ie test, valuate etc

With an IT background (many years ago) I am genuinely interested in the functionality of the equipment, and want to learn more about it.

The equipment in question is as follows:

Indigovision Videobridge NVR 8000

Indigovision Videobridge Rack (10 port)

I have a manual for the NVR which gives default IP addresses etc, but I find that as the device has been reconfigured by a third party, I don't know the IP address in order to log into the http adminstration interface.

I have done port searches on the obvious IP ranges to no avail.

I have no manual for the Rack so have not really spent much time on it yet, and assume it would be configured similarly to the NVR.

Can anyone offer advice on performing a hard reset on the NVR, or perhaps details on using the serial port (via telnet I assume) to get information on current settings?

I have opened the cover of the NVR and see that there is a CMOS battery and a push button marked S1 but am loath to do to much without more information.

cheers,

Easy

you can get angry IP scanner from system q, which will help you find the configured IP address.

Best of luck with the IV tech support

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Archived