Security Installer Community

Fence Mounted Perimeter Intruder Detection Wire

daubs8

I am (hopefully) going to install the above to 500 meters of palasade fencing. My knowledge is very limited! I have googled a Company called 'geoquip' and they supply the wire. Does anyone have any experience of installing this wire and if so any recommendations/advice would be greatly experienced. Thanks.

I am (hopefully) going to install the above to 500 meters of palasade fencing. My knowledge is very limited! I have googled a Company called 'geoquip' and they supply the wire. Does anyone have any experience of installing this wire and if so any recommendations/advice would be greatly experienced. Thanks.

Have worked on quite a few large sites with this kind of set up Guardwire i think, its a while since i last worked on it.

My advice is make sure the fence is very secure even in high winds as we had all sorts of problems with a large fence system.

Geoquip will sort you a price out, installation is straight forward, however not that effective with palasade fencing, geologger is good for large sites, when used within stainless steel flexable conduit, make sure you use stainless steel cable ties at regular intervals as well as UV stabilised ones.

I did a bit of work at one of the PSNI Stations here and they had this sort of thing, it was installed in a flexible Stainless Steel conduit and clipped every foot with "P" clips. AFAIK if you were to cut the fence (and cable) with a saw it would alarm at the panel and advise the controller to electrify that section of fence.

I cant for the life of me remember who did the system though :(

external detection = grief, trust me ;)

Agree 100% think very carefully before you stumble into this one it could be the biggest mistake you could make and some times its best to walk away--if you dont then make sure you load the job for many return visits which the customer insists should be on warranty FOC !!!!!!!

Archived