Security Installer Community

Big Problem With Vcl/honeywell Gold Domes

kamei

Hello, i have made an installation of my own with VCL domes. The configuration is as follow. I have placed one dome 6 month ago, never have had problems with this one. Than i placed a second and a third one the same day in the configuration of the existing dome. All of them go with telemetry over coax as there is no other sollution for this installation. The day after i put the 2 other cameras there came all horinzontal lines in the screen a few days and than the dome died (no image at all). I replaced this one with another dome and works again fine. A few day later the other dome died also. 3 times in a few weeks that died the domes. 2 of them have had the problem that they not more works with auto zoom/focus anymore. I don't now nothing what can be the reason for this problem as i have tried everything. A few of them where brand new domes, i switched the matrix, the psu units were all brand new ones and i checked the voltage of the PSU and they are normal. The only thing i can think that can be the raison is that they are not on the same electrical fuse and taken different fuses on different buildings. I have a lot of experience with the VCL domes and have had never problems with this ones. Can somebody help me with this.

Hello, i have made an installation of my own with VCL domes. The configuration is as follow. I have placed one dome 6 month ago, never have had problems with this one. Than i placed a second and a third one the same day in the configuration of the existing dome. All of them go with telemetry over coax as there is no other sollution for this installation. The day after i put the 2 other cameras there came all horinzontal lines in the screen a few days and than the dome died (no image at all). I replaced this one with another dome and works again fine. A few day later the other dome died also. 3 times in a few weeks that died the domes. 2 of them have had the problem that they not more works with auto zoom/focus anymore. I don't now nothing what can be the reason for this problem as i have tried everything. A few of them where brand new domes, i switched the matrix, the psu units were all brand new ones and i checked the voltage of the PSU and they are normal. The only thing i can think that can be the raison is that they are not on the same electrical fuse and taken different fuses on different buildings. I have a lot of experience with the VCL domes and have had never problems with this ones. Can somebody help me with this.

Are they on the same phase?

Or any earth problems.

Try some humbugs?

Are there any electric motors onsite that may be on the same phase?

Any chance of spikes, try some suppressors.

i would suggest that you connect one at a time and leave for a while - that should hopefully pin-point where the problem lies.

Obviously that is going to be problem for your client but diagnosis of a fault is about getting evidence and first you need to find where the problem lies.

i would start with one of the two 'additional' camera points you fitted as opposed to the original

good luck

paul

(ps i am not by any means a CCTV expert but i do have 25 years experience of being a service engineer on alarms and i tend to think diagnosis of a fault and it cause are the same regardless of the medium)

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

Are they on the same phase?

Or any earth problems.

Try some humbugs?

Are there any electric motors onsite that may be on the same phase?

Any chance of spikes, try some suppressors.

Hi, what are suppressors ?

They are placed in a company of old metal at the other site of the street there are heavy lamps, the domes switched constant from color to day/night. The domes self are powered on the same fuse of heavy lamps that starts with a transfo, i didn't now the name in english for these lamps (1000W).

Hi, what are suppressors ?

They are placed in a company of old metal at the other site of the street there are heavy lamps, the domes switched constant from color to day/night. The domes self are powered on the same fuse of heavy lamps that starts with a transfo, i didn't now the name in english for these lamps (1000W).

You can get them from ADI Gardiner

368-1246 MSS230 Mains surge protector with built in noise filtering

This may help if the Supply is "dirty".

It sounds like you may have a earth or phase problem as the domes are on a different supply.

Try a simple test.

Check for a AC voltage between the control gear ground and the coax feed from the domes.

I have seen upto 50v AC due to a earth fault.

If so try a Humbug.

Archived