Security Installer Community

Pir False Alarms In Wooden Shed

zs123

we told you that LOL, there again tech would need to only "disallow it " for a PIR, its still valid for contacts (in theory)

the o/p's best option if he has poer in the shed to get a universal transmitter, psu and batt and a decent dual tec imo.

all we know is its a wooden shed, so could be cheapy or ramsahacled ruin, or like the one i see recently built for storage - so stronge i'm sure it's bomb proof :)

example for the thing about the beasties, 'our' dotty rotty arrived when my son split with his parter, this dog is such a messy eater, ruling 'alf banished her from the kitchen to be fed on the patio, so the local critters have caught on and clean up the mess - but leave other mes on the lawn, and fox's poo really really stinks :realmad:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

oops seems my post has caused some debate.

thanks for the help it is a basic system and all this talk of double knock etc is way beyond me and the system to be honest.

i spoke to BT they state it should not be a porblem but i dont hold much faith. in any case it is a brand new shed well built so should not be affected by animals etc unless theyve had key cut!!

i have replaced it with magnetic sensors on all doors. not ideal but it gives some reliable protection

oops seems my post has caused some debate.

thanks for the help it is a basic system and all this talk of double knock etc is way beyond me and the system to be honest.

i spoke to BT they state it should not be a porblem but i dont hold much faith. in any case it is a brand new shed well built so should not be affected by animals etc unless theyve had key cut!!

i have replaced it with magnetic sensors on all doors. not ideal but it gives some reliable protection

if you've paid for a system to be professionally installed, then thats who you should turn to in the 1st instance to resolve any issues.

part of what you paid for is good professional advice, protecting a shed is not rocket science, so like any duff item you have the right of redress and correction.

i wish you good luck though :unsure:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived