Security Installer Community

Bt Inspiration Troubles

branko

Hi all,

i have a BT inspiration PBX with 3 lines using 2 PSTN line cards. I am experiencing intermittent crackling on lines 1 & 2 from all telephones. I have swapped the PSTN cards and I have blown out the cobwebs with air. I have checked the wiring and all seems to be OK. BT have checked the lines and say that they are O.K.It is driving me mad as when the crackling occurs I can hardly hear the caller.

Could someone please shed light on what the problem could be and how to solve it. I suspect it is with the main board but I just do not know.

Regards and thanks in advance

Branko

Lectrician,

Thank you for the advice.

Could you tell me, if I purchase an Ebay CPU, will i need a mastercode to be able to set it up. I have read in the posts that people have been having difficulties using used Inspiration boxes bought off Ebay as they do not have the mastercode and I am asuming that I may have the same problem if I swap the CPU.

Your help is appreciated.

regards

Branko

Lectrician,

Thank you for the advice.

Could you tell me, if I purchase an Ebay CPU, will i need a mastercode to be able to set it up. I have read in the posts that people have been having difficulties using used Inspiration boxes bought off Ebay as they do not have the mastercode and I am asuming that I may have the same problem if I swap the CPU.

Your help is appreciated.

regards

Branko

The CPU's can very easily be reset to default with know how. However, an engineer would generally charge a call out to do this, and so I would not be happy posting how to do it on a forum. It is usuall for the eng password to be left as default on BT installed systems, and these are what are usually floating on ebay.

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

Archived