Security Installer Community

Any One Tell Me What A Dc Level On The Back Is For ?

bigjay

Any one tell me what a DC level on the back is for ????????

I bought a Sony cctv day and night w/66 ir veri-focal lens camera ,I have a problem setting it up ,the picture in the day looks great but by night its gives good night vision also but ,the images around people are have a bright light as if they glow in the dark and you can't make out there faces and look like aliens . its not a cheap camera to buy like some on the market how can I improve this .or do the dc have anything to do with this

also the dvr I bought his running through a scart would I get a better picture though the VGA ..the picture looks ok when viewing through the TV using the scart but its really blocky on full screen mode after you have recorded is this because the dvr is on a 40 inch lcd .how can I improve the picture and make it better .

and there is a usb to record on to a memory stick in gif mode how to you play these on a computer or on the dvr as there is nothing in the instrutions to say how to play them or my computer dont support them .

any help plz

thanks Alan

DC Level = pretty sure this is for a direct drive lens without auto iris. This would make your picture darker or lighter. I doubt it would help your ghosting at night though.

Did you buy a Sony camera or did you buy a cheapy with a sony chip in?

ghosting could be due to bounc eback of ir's?

40inch lcd screen wont do any justice for cctv pictures. cctv cameras work on tv lines like normal tv's. Get an old portable 14inch and plug into that, youll see the difference straight away.

As for usb to pc ect.. did the dvr not come with any software. You might be able to find a program on the web that will let you play that mode.

what make of dvr is it?

Chris

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

As isc systems suggested, the DC level would allow you to control the lens aperture setting.

Where there is significant 'blooming' around a brightly lit object, such as a person standing in front of the camera, this is generally an example of gross over exposure, particularly where intense Infra Red is reflected back off an object.

Adjusting the DC level may reduce the problem, although there is a risk that the rest of the image may appear dark and under exposed.

If the camera is outputting too much infra red, the simplest solution (for test purposes) would be to mask off some of the LED's using a thick tape, and see if that improves the situation.

bigjay, if you are able to provide details of the manufacturer and model number, that would certainly help to clarify the problem.

As isc systems suggested, the DC level would allow you to control the lens aperture setting.

Where there is significant 'blooming' around a brightly lit object, such as a person standing in front of the camera, this is generally an example of gross over exposure, particularly where intense Infra Red is reflected back off an object.

Adjusting the DC level may reduce the problem, although there is a risk that the rest of the image may appear dark and under exposed.

If the camera is outputting too much infra red, the simplest solution (for test purposes) would be to mask off some of the LED's using a thick tape, and see if that improves the situation.

bigjay, if you are able to provide details of the manufacturer and model number, that would certainly help to clarify the problem.

hi thanks its a Venus - 4 Ch Real-time DVR Recorder Internet + USB & Remote cost

post-16475-1203814519_thumb.jpg

post-16475-1203814638_thumb.jpg

Archived