Security Installer Community

Hounlsow Cctv Dvr Installation Help Needed

T8PRA

Dear Guys,

Could anyone point me in the right direction concerning getting help installing CCTV and also hooking up a Genie DVR, I have bought the system and cannot for the life of me get the DVR to connect to the PC/Monitor.

Any help would be appreciated

regulatorylinker@gmail.com

would help to post make and model of DVR, but in truth you should ask your supplier.

many budget to mid range DVR's won't work if you power up with no signal input on camera input 1

a simple test, connect your camera to your tv via an RCA or scart socket to prove you actually have a picture from it.

you may have to 'tell' the DVR to output to a VGA monitor, many default to the BNC/RG59 output, if you can connect that output to your Tv might also help.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Dear Alan,

The model of the DVR is a Genie 411 UN and I purchased it in Australia and brought it back with me so contacting the dealer is not really an option.

T8PRA

Something worth mentioning...

Genie DVRs come equipped with a VGA connector as standard. But if I remember correctly, the VGA interface that runs it is an optional extra that you request when ordering the unit. So if you're trying to get your monitor working from the VGA, make sure it has the interface fitted. I have a KE-4000 series unit here that has VGA but I remember we had to open it up to fit the VGA card, which was ordered direct from Genie. I say 'if I remember correctly' earlier in my post as that was over a year ago.

ACE.gif

Archived