Security Installer Community

Broadband Messing Up Line

diablo559

Installed an alarm to day that was to be monitored thing is the phone line kept coming up with noise from the broadband (hub) i looked at all the phone sockets nothing worked . but when i unplug the (wireless hub) router every seem to clear. i tried 3 filters to the hub would i be right in saying theres something up with the hub. He has had bt out along with the people that wired the house to check everything. He also had sky multi room but had to cancel it as sky kept ringing him to ask why his sky box wasn't connected. Any information on other things i could try would be greatly appreciated thanks. if you require any more information just ask. :)

EDIT:

master point is ok and checked all the phone line and sky box everything has a filter on it . it seems to stop working when the hub is plugged in would nearly think it wasn't being filtered. will have to look deeper .

Disconnect all internal extensions and test the master socket. If that works correctly put each extension back on one at a time till you find the dodgy cable but dont forget to use a filter if its broadband enabled.

lee

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

Guest anguscanplay
Installed an alarm to day that was to be monitored thing is the phone line kept coming up with noise from the broadband (hub) i looked at all the phone sockets nothing worked . but when i unplug the (wireless hub) router every seem to clear. i tried 3 filters to the hub would i be right in saying theres something up with the hub. He has had bt out along with the people that wired the house to check everything. He also had sky multi room but had to cancel it as sky kept ringing him to ask why his sky box wasn't connected. Any information on other things i could try would be greatly appreciated thanks. if you require any more information just ask. :)

EDIT:

master point is ok and checked all the phone line and sky box everything has a filter on it . it seems to stop working when the hub is plugged in would nearly think it wasn't being filtered. will have to look deeper .

what type of monitored ? one assumes you filtered your equipment correctly ? - sounds like a case of double filtering to me

what type of monitored ? one assumes you filtered your equipment correctly ? - sounds like a case of double filtering to me

gardtec cpx panel just through to a central station. everything is filtered that needs to be phones, sky, alarm, the double filter idea would mean the line being filtered then filtered again before it reaches the hub. Am asuming that double filtering undoes the the first filter . its reminding me on a job not so long ago where the customer managed to plug his wireless router into the phone line without anyfilters .the amount of interference on the line was unbelievable.

Guest anguscanplay
gardtec cpx panel just through to a central station. everything is filtered that needs to be phones, sky, alarm, the double filter idea would mean the line being filtered then filtered again before it reaches the hub. Am asuming that double filtering undoes the the first filter . its reminding me on a job not so long ago where the customer managed to plug his wireless router into the phone line without anyfilters .the amount of interference on the line was unbelievable.

insulting question time now (sorry in advance) assuming your using a hard wired filter on the alarm conection - have you tried swopping the legs round ? I`ve had several which buzzed the line , dissing the hub stops the buzzing but thats because youve removed the device generating it - not the reason its getting onto the voice line

swopped A and B and no more buzzing

regrds

Angus

insulting question time now (sorry in advance) assuming your using a hard wired filter on the alarm conection - have you tried swopping the legs round ? I`ve had several which buzzed the line , dissing the hub stops the buzzing but thats because youve removed the device generating it - not the reason its getting onto the voice line

swopped A and B and no more buzzing

regrds

Angus

i will accept the insults lol as you well know you learn from your mistakes ;) ,All prewired filters except for alarm panel one which is like a black plate style filter. will try swapping them around . I did try plugging into all the phone lines around the house with the prwired filters before i connected the alarm line on to it . they worked until the hub went on .just a thought will swapping the a and b around change the polarity. i hope to solve the customers problem .From what he was telling me theres been alot of people looking at it. will take note of the above hopefully will get to take a second look will let you know what the problem was . B) sometime you get jobs where theres problems there already. just want to say thanks for the replies so far .

Guest anguscanplay
i will accept the insults lol as you well know you learn from your mistakes ;) ,All prewired filters except for alarm panel one which is like a black plate style filter. will try swapping them around . I did try plugging into all the phone lines around the house with the prwired filters before i connected the alarm line on to it . they worked until the hub went on .just a thought will swapping the a and b around change the polarity. i hope to solve the customers problem .From what he was telling me theres been alot of people looking at it. will take note of the above hopefully will get to take a second look will let you know what the problem was . B) sometime you get jobs where theres problems there already. just want to say thanks for the replies so far .

swop them round in the CPX - sorry my post wasnt that clear

Archived