Security Installer Community

Avtech 777 M Dvr

skiversinc

Does anyone have a user manual for an AVTECH 777M DVR? :unsure:

I had a call out to look at one tonight & the owner hasn't got a manual for it. He inheritted the unit when he bought the shop & is a bit baffled.

The unit was alarming when I got there with all lights lit & the power button was inoperative.

I eventually managed to sort the problem (for how long I don't know) by disconnecting the hard drive then reconnecting & rebooting. It would appear that the unit went screwy on December 6th at 05:30am.......

Any advice you could provide on this unit would be gratefully recieved. :rolleyes:

Anything here to help? : - I was back tracking referring sources on my website when I was brought to this post.

I am honored that my website can be a source of information. Thank you for the recognition!

In regards to AVtech / CPCam DVRs locking up:

This can be avoided to some degree by using a battery backup system with line filtration.

This is common in Florida during the summer time with thunderstorms, and lighting. It can happen when the power company changes from one generator to another. It can also happen if there are any compressors, or large electrical loads that start up on the same power circuit as the DVR

Most times you can just pull the plug on the DVR, and wait a few seconds, and then replug it back in. It should not happen to much unless there is a lot of issues with the power company, or the electrical system.

What do you think?

• 6 months later...

Here is new information for the newer 4 channel DVRs

I am not an employee of, or supported by AVTech.

I have gathered, stolen, borrowed, and received the information that has made up these links.

Thanks to all of you who have contributed (volunteer, on nonvolunteer! LOL!)

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Scorpion! Small world isnt it!

Hey! How are you doing!!! Glad to hear from you on this great forum!!

How are you and your family doing???

I have some fantastic new software for checking in on your children's conversations (live) on cellphones.

I now have other software that I provide to PI for investigative purposes.

I finally bought www.coversionsafes.com, and I am soon to buy a good one related to DVRs!.

Now if I could afford to buy 1 800 buy cctv! LOL!

I have water proof monitors coming soon. I am using these on boats for our fine coastal waters here in Florida!

It was nice hearing from you!

Take care

Archived