Security Installer Community

Fire Alarm Fault

madallans

i have just installed a fire alarm system in a building with 2 zones and what we have found is when the operators in the office are talking on thier cb radios the panal goes into fault and with prolonged use of the cb radio the alarm will actually trigger in to a full alarm the manufactures are saying that the cb is causing this but have no answer to stop it happening any suggestions please would be much appreciated

i have just installed a fire alarm system in a building with 2 zones and what we have found is when the operators in the office are talking on thier cb radios the panal goes into fault and with prolonged use of the cb radio the alarm will actually trigger in to a full alarm the manufactures are saying that the cb is causing this but have no answer to stop it happening any suggestions please would be much appreciated

is this a hard wired system or a wireless system.

regards

sat

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

sorry it is a hard wired system wired in fp200

Is it really CB's at 27MHz? Or PMR 446MHz?

Reason I ask is PMR446 dosen't normally cause trouble at 500mW but CB can be up to 4 watts.

Induced RF is hard to overcome as the FP200 will act like a huge aerial dragging loads of RF back to the panel and possibly into detectors.

While on site try ditching all the FP200 earths at the panel and insulating them, get the radios tested and see if the problem goes away.

There is a way of reducing RF on cables if this proves to be the problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

• 2 weeks later...

Had similar problem on addressable system many years ago in a shopping precinct.

The loop was wired on the same tray as the PA. system. Whenever the PA system was used the fire alarm activated. I know your system activates on RF but same principle of induction into cable.

Only solution was to reroute at great expense the fire alarm loop to a new tray installed one meter away from the old tray and any PA. cables it crossed over were at 90 degrees to each other.

Took a while to find and a lot of expense to rectify. The boffins who designed the panel by the way could not come up with anything to cure the problem and the sales team were advised to look out for similar situations.

I would try disconnecting zone cables and sounder cables one at a time to find the offending cable and then reroute the offending cable. Possibly it is the mains picking it up in which case filter the mains or power the panel from a different phase

Hope you sort this very annoying problem. (equipment manufactures don't live in the real world everything works fine on a bench!)

Parachute for sale used once....unopened....slight stain

• 2 weeks later...

Had this before a few times. If devices are optical change to ionization and vice versa. Also make sure screen is secure throughout.This will sort your problem

Archived