Security Installer Community

Night Vision Camera

drayton

Hi to all, this is a new field for me, i am a sole trader domestic sparks, a regular client wanted a cctv system installing at his house so i said i would have ago. No problem with the installation, i have two night vision vari-focal sony cameras, 4 channel DVR. Works great, However once it got dark and says he cant see a thing. Have I missed something, I am sure its just finger trouble but a pointer in the right direction would be appreciate , cheers,

Guest anguscanplay
Hi to all, this is a new field for me, i am a sole trader domestic sparks, a regular client wanted a cctv system installing at his house so i said i would have ago. No problem with the installation, i have two night vision vari-focal sony cameras, 4 channel DVR. Works great, However once it got dark and says he cant see a thing. Have I missed something, I am sure its just finger trouble but a pointer in the right direction would be appreciate , cheers,

can you post some more info on the cameras?

Did the cameras have LED's round the lens?

Some Day/Night cameras have a very short range in night mode as their LED's are not very powerful....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Had some smart Derwent CCTV cameras that are designed for night viewing. Brand new, mono pictures from a hi-res camera with a decent computar lens, IR LED panel, photocell on the rear, combi 12vdc/24vac, all built into a nice black integral housing, and very expensive to boot. Similar in style to their yellow numberplate recognition units, just black instead. Installed them, It got dark, they went totally black. I found out the next day they had somehow been shipped from Derwent with all the camera's internal DIPs switched off including the auto-iris dip switch.

Easily remedied but I fell into that trap thinking an integral camera was ready to go from off the shelf.

It was a single camera version of this EX model.

post-2268-1203158383_thumb.jpg

ACE.gif

The cameras are sony CCD 420TVL varifocals 4-9mm lens and IR range of 25m. yes they do have the LED,s

Can you see the LED's "glow" at night? Some cameras have a seperate supply to the LED's as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Guest anguscanplay
The cameras are sony CCD 420TVL varifocals 4-9mm lens and IR range of 25m. yes they do have the LED,s

the round ball ones ? there not that good TBH and have no onsite adjustment IIRC

the round ball ones ? there not that good TBH and have no onsite adjustment IIRC

what size power supply are you using?? camera's with IR LED's will draw more than usual. Maybe test the LED's to make sure they are switching on at night, have a look at them through the camera on your phone to see if they are working.

Archived