Security Installer Community

What Should Be Supplied At Work

diablo559

the firm i sub from is the firm i use to work for (8 years). they supplied every last thing, even all snickers work wear.

the boss always said if it makes the job easier then get it.

even fully shelved every new van that arrived. its small things like that keep the employees happy IMO.

Small Snickers wouldn't keep me happy! :beer:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Sounds like you work for the big national that got sold last year. Any money spent comes out there bonus. even if it means risking you life up a ladder for it. :(

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

ill say it

you got you're health and safety , you're risk assessments and all the other guff that goes with it

but you know wot is going to happen if you go against the manager or disagree with any rules

or say that the equipment is cack,

so you keep you're mouth shut and carry on which relay winds you up after a while

as for tools my boss is the same if you're gona buy them its more money he has saved ain't it!

diesel in the van one week i can put 40 quid in then another i can put 180 quid in but

"it don't matter you get it back next week in you're wages"

never mind the fact that i have got to find extra x amount of money etc

i totally agree that if they price for a job they also price for materials like drill bits plugs screws

also they should also price for wear and tear of tools

if i burn my 500quid drill out first fixing a fire alarm

Ive goto replace it ??

something not rite there??

any way rant over time for new job lol

Archived