Security Installer Community

Baxall Telemetry

ICEbear

can you please help me with a little know-how.

electronics (component level) has been my hobby/love/pastion all my life (audio amplifires) so ive a deep understanding of Switch mode PSU's regulators , ect ect, but im new to telemetry and i bought a part system (dennard 515/2006-head PTZ) and it has a Baxall ZR4DCWBX Telemetry receiver, im looking for a joystick controller 3 axis twist to zoom pref baxall, what im trying to find out is, will the reciever work with just the controller or is there something in the middle of them ????

RS485 ???? is this the cabling or type of connector (like eithernet) ? :hmm:

and the protocol for the baxall reciever ?? :hmm:

ive been told that it will work with BBV controllers, is this rite ??? :unsure: I'm scared of damageing it, i want to be sure before i start playing with it, its a superb piece of engineering-

lens presets, P/T presets pan brake tilt brake, god man i cant wait to play with it (like a kid with a new toy) he-he.

thank you very much

joe

Hi there

Sounds like a top notch piece of kit you have there

Well you have the telemetry receiver which as i know are like rocking horse manure! because i am after two of them.

You can use either coaxial or twisted pair telemetry for the receiver.

Coaxial is easier to be honest with you as the telemetry transmitter sends the commands down the coax wire as the video is received, up to a maximum distance of 300m.

As to actually taking control of the camera you will need a telemetry transmitter (multiplexer) and a keyboard.

I would use second hand baxall equipment for the sake of the budget, baxall was almost industry standard stuff in its day so you are bound to find some on ebay.

Your best bet is to have a butchers through these items.

Keyboard

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-BAXALL-JOY...1QQcmdZViewItem

Multiplexer (I know it is a little over spec'ed but its for demonstration purposes)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Baxall-ZMX-CT-16M4-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

have fun

Regards

Alex Barron

Alex,

thank you very much sir, as for the reciever your looking for, go to ebay and search for this trader "steve2shirts" look under baxall cameras and you,ll find him, he has got those recievers, hang on ive just found his email for you: steve@alsco.co.uk if he hasent at the time keep trying him and i'll also keep eye out for you. if i come accross them i contact you here.

joystick/multiplexer/reciever/head

thanks mate, thanks very much :)

alan

Archived