Security Installer Community

Video Transmission

justin

Hi all

Installing some extra cameras on a large site. The existing cameras are of high quality, Denard domes etc. One of the extras I need to wire would involve cutting a long trench in a carpark (100m or so) not something I'm looking forward to. Seriously considering some kind of wireless transmission, something I've never had to use before.

Can anybody recommend some decent kit. The site is to be externally monitored and I cannot afford to fit anything that will let me down and fail now and then.

The cammera image must be just as good as all existing ones. I do actually have line of site. Because it's about 100metres from building to building I suppose I should be looking for something that would cope with inexcess of 150metres.

I need perfect picture in darkness,rain,hail,snow,fog and all the rest of it.

Am I looking at radio or maybe microwave technology? Or is it a case of grinding away the weekend to be sure?

Many thanks

Hi all

Installing some extra cameras on a large site. The existing cameras are of high quality, Denard domes etc. One of the extras I need to wire would involve cutting a long trench in a carpark (100m or so) not something I'm looking forward to. Seriously considering some kind of wireless transmission, something I've never had to use before.

Can anybody recommend some decent kit. The site is to be externally monitored and I cannot afford to fit anything that will let me down and fail now and then.

The cammera image must be just as good as all existing ones. I do actually have line of site. Because it's about 100metres from building to building I suppose I should be looking for something that would cope with inexcess of 150metres.

I need perfect picture in darkness,rain,hail,snow,fog and all the rest of it.

Am I looking at radio or maybe microwave technology? Or is it a case of grinding away the weekend to be sure?

Many thanks

The most reliable will be microwave, also the most expensive.

If it is only 100m it may be cheaper to duct it.

Low cost radio will be unreliable and may be subject to interference (if not now, later on especially if the site is in an urban environment.)

Bear in mind you will also need to reliably transmit telemetry.

Hope this helps

Ilkie

Used Radio Contact numerous times ( www.radcon.com ) and always had reliable results. Maximum distance weve done is just over 500m. There technical support is also excellent.

RDT equipment is also reliable, but expensive.

Norbain will help you spec equipment needed.

Archived