Security Installer Community

Terraneo Door Entry

fraserelec

I am an electrical contractor, I was sent to 2 blocks of flats by a door company to install the wiring on new main doors to both blocks of flats. The existing system was 12V AC but new door electric door releases were 12VDC. The doors came with 12V DC transformer which I wired through a 12VAC relay. The existing signal to original door release being 12VAC now switches my relay which in turn brings in new 12V DC supply to doors therefore opening them.

First door worked no problem but second door ( these are 2 seperate systems both Terraneo ) has lost the original 12VAC signal when access switches are activated.

Before I got to site the door fitters had removed the original door release and left cable hanging shorted together.

Either I have inadvertantly crossed the AC and DC supplys while wiring this second door relay or the signal has been in a shorted state while someone has activated the call signal.

Either way there is loss of the 12V AC supply signal to ( my relay ) tho the actual intercom seems to be communicating with the flats. My wiring is correct as I can simulate the relay coming in and opening the door.

If the AC and DC was crossed which I doubt as there is no damage to new 12V DC door release where would I be looking for damage or possible loss of signal?

If anybody has any suggestions or a copy of this manual then your help would be much appreciated as residents are not best pleased at moment.

Gordon

I am an electrical contractor, I was sent to 2 blocks of flats by a door company to install the wiring on new main doors to both blocks of flats. The existing system was 12V AC but new door electric door releases were 12VDC. The doors came with 12V DC transformer which I wired through a 12VAC relay. The existing signal to original door release being 12VAC now switches my relay which in turn brings in new 12V DC supply to doors therefore opening them.

First door worked no problem but second door ( these are 2 seperate systems both Terraneo ) has lost the original 12VAC signal when access switches are activated.

Before I got to site the door fitters had removed the original door release and left cable hanging shorted together.

Either I have inadvertantly crossed the AC and DC supplys while wiring this second door relay or the signal has been in a shorted state while someone has activated the call signal.

Either way there is loss of the 12V AC supply signal to ( my relay ) tho the actual intercom seems to be communicating with the flats. My wiring is correct as I can simulate the relay coming in and opening the door.

If the AC and DC was crossed which I doubt as there is no damage to new 12V DC door release where would I be looking for damage or possible loss of signal?

If anybody has any suggestions or a copy of this manual then your help would be much appreciated as residents are not best pleased at moment.

Gordon

Check the PSU for a glass quick blow fuse, they are not obvious sometimes...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Check the PSU for a glass quick blow fuse, they are not obvious sometimes...

terraneo/LT have electronic fuses on modern systems, so switch off the mains, wait 20 seconds then restore mains

on the side of the handset boxes the whole circuit including door release is shown in the diagram, simply a push button connecting 3 (handset common) to the release, others side of release to AC.

to run the release in a simpler way, use a 1N4001 diode in series with the DC release, with the white band towards the release, fit a 470uf of bigger 35 wkg or higher electrolytic capacitor across the coil, positive leg towards the diode side of the release.

the above is a simple half wave rectifier circuit.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

terraneo/LT have electronic fuses on modern systems, so switch off the mains, wait 20 seconds then restore mains

on the side of the handset boxes the whole circuit including door release is shown in the diagram, simply a push button connecting 3 (handset common) to the release, others side of release to AC.

to run the release in a simpler way, use a 1N4001 diode in series with the DC release, with the white band towards the release, fit a 470uf of bigger 35 wkg or higher electrolytic capacitor across the coil, positive leg towards the diode side of the release.

the above is a simple half wave rectifier circuit.

regs

alan

They normally self reset Alan? There may be a "lockup" if they have any firmware driving them though so a power down and reset is a good idea if there is nothing else wrong you can find?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

They normally self reset Alan? There may be a "lockup" if they have any firmware driving them though so a power down and reset is a good idea if there is nothing else wrong you can find?

must admit, i posted from the way i work,

i'd have dissed the psu wires while reseting to see if the psu was duff (rare with that kit though).

funny how we do things automatically, almost on 'autopilot' then forget to mention them when advising someone else :rolleyes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

must admit, i posted from the way i work,

i'd have dissed the psu wires while reseting to see if the psu was duff (rare with that kit though).

funny how we do things automatically, almost on 'autopilot' then forget to mention them when advising someone else :rolleyes:

regs

alan

:yes: I always assume people know what I'm talking about, they rarely do! B)

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived