Security Installer Community

1/2" Lens For Baxall///.Large National Installer.// Cameras

bgd

Understood perfectly, wouldn't go for cheap chinese stuff myself (unfortunately plenty of these available around even through ltd companies as well as cheap wireless cams :cry: ) No it's also made by Computar so it should be reasonably good!

• 2 weeks later...

You'll find these days that the pixel count on a 1/3" CCD can exceed that of a 1/2" CCD. Pentax and Computar do a range of 1/2" lenses but they are not cheap, but like "Spider" said, it probable cheaper to change the camera to 1/3" and use a 1/3" lens:

Please read the rules with regard to business advertising.

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

You'll find these days that the pixel count on a 1/3" CCD can exceed that of a 1/2" CCD. Pentax and Computar do a range of 1/2" lenses but they are not cheap, but like "Spider" said, it probable cheaper to change the camera to 1/3" and use a 1/3" lens:

Please read the rules with regard to business advertising.

Thanks for the advise,however I installed 1/3" lens (as per my previous posts) it works fine on 1/2" camera when used on wide setting.The only thing that can be noticed is the corners are slightly cut, but this is very marginal, not bothered about it either as a couple of corners are used for title/labels anyway.So this was my cheapest way, btw, lenses were approx 20USD each +pp.

Archived