Security Installer Community

Hello!

dancleary1

Firstly hi to all!

My reason for joining the forum is to get some help relating to the optima xl6- basically there appears to be no power to the unit. I've took the from cover off, no major clues apart from the fuse on the right hand side of the unit has been taken out- any possible reason for this? Also, knowing absolutely nothing about electrics, would I be safe enough trying to put the fuse back in without turning the power off in the house? Sorry for the lame questions!

someone must have taken the fuse for a reason. if you dont know why, i suggest there may be a fault with the panel and was removed to stop the panel from sounding.IMO i would call an engineer out as you can cause more damage than good if you just put the fuse back in.By damage, i mean its possible you could blow your self up if you are not competent with electrics.see here for installers in your areahttp://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...p?showforum=268

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

someone must have taken the fuse for a reason. if you dont know why, i suggest there may be a fault with the panel and was removed to stop the panel from sounding.IMO i would call an engineer out as you can cause more damage than good if you just put the fuse back in.By damage, i mean its possible you could blow your self up if you are not competent with electrics.see here for installers in your areahttp://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/comm...p?showforum=268

Thanks CB, the fuse must have been taken out to stop draining power or summat. Put the fuse back in, did a reset of the code, and everything's working fine.

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks CB, the fuse must have been taken out to stop draining power or summat. Put the fuse back in, did a reset of the code, and everything's working fine.

no - the fuse was taken out for a reason

check the back up battery isnt getting hot - now !

Firstly hi to all!

My reason for joining the forum is to get some help relating to the optima xl6- basically there appears to be no power to the unit. I've took the from cover off, no major clues apart from the fuse on the right hand side of the unit has been taken out- any possible reason for this? Also, knowing absolutely nothing about electrics, would I be safe enough trying to put the fuse back in without turning the power off in the house? Sorry for the lame questions!

have you just moved in?

if not for a fault the previous owner may have removed it if the building was to be empty for a time. so possibly the external siren battery has also been disconnected, which will not show at the panel.

best bet call a local engineer to give it a once over, after all the alarm was 'free' so you already up by

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived