Security Installer Community

Viper Sensors

handman

hi I have a scantronic 9448 alarm I have french doors with contacts on each door attached to a viper sensor on the main door that opens on the french doors the alarm will not work if I open the other door which is usually permantley locked the alarm will trigger have changed the contacts around on both doors but the main door still does not trigger the alarm any ideas what could be the problem

thanks

hi sorry about that I have a set of french doors, they have contacts on each door with a viper alarm attached on the top of the doors. when I set the alarm and open the left side door the alarm fails to go off. if I open the right side door the alarm will sound. I have changed each contact around from each door but that has made no difference. I am now at a loss as to which part of the alarm has gone wrong the viper or contacts. I have also looked at the wiring on both and all wires are intact

hi I have a scantronic 9448 alarm I have french doors with contacts on each door attached to a viper sensor on the main door that opens on the french doors the alarm will not work if I open the other door which is usually permantley locked the alarm will trigger have changed the contacts around on both doors but the main door still does not trigger the alarm any ideas what could be the problem

thanks

Oh dear, sorry for that.

I'll have a go - I suspect that the contact from your permanently locked door has, as we say, 'stuck' (having the magnet permanently holding the contact closed) for a long time.

A sharp tap (but not too hard) on the contact, not the magnet might bring it back to life, give it a go and see.

If this 'quick fix' works, it's time to get a new contact and replace as this problem will only recur.

Contacts need to be 'worked' to keep them working, if you see what I mean.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

the wiring hasnt been touched the alarm has been in for about 5 years working fine sometimes in the cold or heat it dosent work as the doors are upvc so I know about the expanding and contracting but this has not worked now for over a week so dont think it is that will have to get some new contacts

Archived