Security Installer Community

Most common domestic panel manufacturer.

What is the most common domestic panel manufacturer found in the home?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most common domestic panel manufacturer found in the home?

• ADE
    • Ademco Microtech
    • Castle Care Tech
    • DA_Systems
    • DS
    • DSC
    • Gardtec
    • Guardall
    • Lyntec
    • Menvier
    • Pyronix
    • Scantronic
    • Texecom

Wheres Tony Carney when you need him lol.

Where i am, theres a large amoun to both Scantronic 9448 based systems and Gardiner Tech 350's. Theres also a fair amount of Pyronic Paragon stuff.

When you mention a high number of Texecom (cheep and cheerful) units, I presume you mean the Veritas range. Indeed, these need little or no experience of programming as they are sent out in a configuration that suits the average installation sometimes meaning no programming at all is needed.

Mind you though, Texecom have introduced a very good range or Premier panels. Tony Carney who worked for Menvier in the North of England a couple of years ago and was responsible for some excellent paid for lunches, left along with a team of developers to start the Premier range at Texecom. Tony's done a flit now but the range of Premier units available now are virtually copies of Menvier's TS range. So close in fact that the techy at Texecom unofficially mentioned a TS-LEC will work on the Premier 88/168 series. I bet the Gardiner Tech splinter group can't say the same for their Abacus range.

Tony

ACE.gif

Just spoke to Mark H at Texecom, A Menvier LEC will not work with a Texecom Premier....he said that would have been taking the p**s and mentioned something about the Premier using opto-isolators! I thought Id check with him before I blew up a panel or LEC

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived