Security Installer Community

Entryphone System Problem

Hi Guys

We have been asked to quote to install a 6-way Audio entryphone system and to connect a telephone interface so that their telephones ring and not entryphone handsets.

Straight forward enough, we have installed many times the BPT and an IT/200 interface no problems, however the client cannot provide an analogue trunk port line. The telephone maintainers say that the telephone system doesn't provide this type of line, only digital ?

Has anyone installed an Entryphone to a digital telephone system ?

I would very much appreciate it if anyone can shed some light on this.

Thank you

Regards

Clive

Hi Guys

We have been asked to quote to install a 6-way Audio entryphone system and to connect a telephone interface so that their telephones ring and not entryphone handsets.

Straight forward enough, we have installed many times the BPT and an IT/200 interface no problems, however the client cannot provide an analogue trunk port line. The telephone maintainers say that the telephone system doesn't provide this type of line, only digital ?

Has anyone installed an Entryphone to a digital telephone system ?

I would very much appreciate it if anyone can shed some light on this.

Thank you

Regards

Clive

I think every telephone system can have an analogue line, fax machines need them! Most exchanges can have this added if it's not there already, I'm sure you can also get an analogue/digital dongle to use analogue equipment on digital lines as well.

Sounds like they are giving you the run round TBH.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived