Security Installer Community

Texecom Pir Latch

Rong

It's a long time since I fitted my last control panel, an optima plus 2. It has been very reliable but sadly the RKP keys wore out!

I have replaced it with a Texecom Premier 48, 2 Odyssey 3/3E, RadioPlus and a Prox RKP. Having retained the original wiring and sensors I realised that the PIRs and shock sensors don't have a SET+ connection on the new panel. It didn't worry me because I thought it would be a case of setting a pulse in software when I found the sensors not working once the install was finished.

Now I am confused as they all seem to work even though I have not set a latch or set+ pulse. Does the Premier pulse the pir/sensor supply on a reset? I see in the Wintex diagnostic window that Detector Reset is all greens but Detector Latch is all cleared. Again I would think this is correct until a latch condition exists.

I have several latching sensors on same zones. I see from previous posts that this is frowned upon and can see that without the latch/set+ signal it would be preferable to have each sensor on seperate zones. Initially I thought that I could use the CTL1/2 outputs to pulse the latch but they are neg when I really need pos. On looking through the software I can see several references to pulses and so am thinking that it is possible to use a latch.

My question is, where would I connect the SET+ leads from the sensors to the panel and which items need setting in software to pulse the SET+ line? :signthankspin:

Connect to one of the digi outputs on the lh side of the pcb, program it as detector latch and invert it (digi outputs are normally positive removed, you need positive applied)

Alternatively connect into one of the negative panel outputs and wire a 2.2k resistor( red,red,red comes with the panel) between the output and positive, again program as detector latch and invert it. the resistor will pull the output high.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Connect to one of the digi outputs on the lh side of the pcb, program it as detector latch and invert it (digi outputs are normally positive removed, you need positive applied)

Alternatively connect into one of the negative panel outputs and wire a 2.2k resistor( red,red,red comes with the panel) between the output and positive, again program as detector latch and invert it. the resistor will pull the output high.

Many thanks Breff. Just the sort of info I was hoping for. :yes:

Archived