Security Installer Community

Your Opinons On Equipment And Installation

sullym6

Hey

Scottish Engineer stuff happens but we will bounce back :) I have had 3 quotes already and the only one that any where near the budget is wireless and I have been put off that after reading posts about wireless and in the long run wired has less maintenance. The alarm engineer will be popping round tomz to have a look as he is a friend of a friend and not dirrectly known by me (I won't mention the company he works for but it's quiet a big security outfit). I am hoping he will come round and give me a reasonable price to fit the system especially if I can get the a couple of sparkes fom work to run the cables.

The cost is really coming from running the cables as carpets/floors etc will need to pulled to run cable. There will be no mixing, it will be wired all the way.

What I will do is stat again and let you guys advise on what I should get and maybe that will bring the cost down to a reasonable level.

I have attached a floor plan of the downstairs and marked all points where there are windows or doors.

Thanks

Sully

post-15787-1199487992_thumb.jpg

you got pets?

firearms?

work from home ?

No pets but have a mum and dad that seem to wander around at 3am and a sister who regularly falls out with her fella and stays all the bloody time and sits up late. The whole reason I didn't have PIR's as people can walk around and I don't have to worry if the alarm has been set.

I do some work on the side and at times have some quiet expensive IT equimpent in the room next to garage.

Sully

Why cant the alarm engineer run the cables as you could save some cash on getting a sparks? This is what alarm engineers are good at hiding cables. The sparks only have to fit the fused spur.

If you have pets then there could be a problem but what i do is lock them in one room! I do with mine and family come and let him out! but that is only 1 day a week!

With your plan then the alarm guy will be able to tell you what you equire and looking at the plan its gonna be less that 25 detectors.

!

No pets but have a mum and dad that seem to wander around at 3am and a sister who regularly falls out with her fella and stays all the bloody time and sits up late. The whole reason I didn't have PIR's as people can walk around and I don't have to worry if the alarm has been set.

I do some work on the side and at times have some quiet expensive IT equimpent in the room next to garage.

Sully

Lock the mum and dad in the room with the on suite and tell the sis to get her own place. Let us know what happens please

cheers

Willie

!

Guest anguscanplay

Sully

in that case you need a better risk assesment and a pro fit system - shop around, you`ve had offers - get him round to price it

Scottish Engineer the sparks are possibly free as they work for the same place as me and I am owed a few favours :)

I think the total number of sensors comes to around 18 as front and rear doors have glass panels (1 shock and 1 contact each) and the bay windows have 2 shocks each.

All doors and windows are timberframe which I am told is better for shock sensors. No pets but unfortunatly I have a dad who used to work nights and a mum who can't sleep, the only plus side is I get breakfast made for me :)

Sully

Scottish Engineer the sparks are possibly free as they work for the same place as me and I am owed a few favours :)

I think the total number of sensors comes to around 18 as front and rear doors have glass panels (1 shock and 1 contact each) and the bay windows have 2 shocks each.

All doors and windows are timberframe which I am told is better for shock sensors. No pets but unfortunatly I have a dad who used to work nights and a mum who can't sleep, the only plus side is I get breakfast made for me :)

Sully

i'd be reluctant to fit shocks to the front door or adjacent frames, mind you i'm reluctant to fit shocks anywhere as a personal issue because people knocking hard on when you did not answer, window cleaners, postmen, deliveries, paper boys, bailiff's :unsure: and all sorts of other issue's. so think hard about using a single glass break detector of the 'flex' type as will also saves on zones.

you can perhaps see now why it's best to have an experienced engineer advise you at your home and where some of the cost comes from, the best we can do at this range is make well meaning educated guesses, and your security could be left exposed because of it.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived