Security Installer Community

9448+ Alarm System

maximumjay

I let my property and have a 9448+ fitted. I am just in between tennants and the user manual has been misplaced. This I can download as a PDF.

I now feel it is the time to change the code. Is this Ok to do from the instructions, or do you advise an expert plus a Servicing?

The alarm System is approximately 5 years old and un-touched. :hmm:

Happy New Year

jason

The alarm System is approximately 5 years old and un-touched. :hmm:

If you rummage around on these forums you'll find many comments about battery life, with 5 years being a common limit.

So, a new battery would be very wise at least and a full service at the same time seems sensible. :)

Given you have tenants I would have thought that a professionally maintained alarm would be a wise choice. If it didn't work properly through lack of maintenance you could potentially have some liability in unpleasant circumstances. :unsure:

If you rummage around on these forums you'll find many comments about battery life, with 5 years being a common limit.

So, a new battery would be very wise at least and a full service at the same time seems sensible. :)

Given you have tenants I would have thought that a professionally maintained alarm would be a wise choice. If it didn't work properly through lack of maintenance you could potentially have some liability in unpleasant circumstances. :unsure:

Thanks for the reply :)

No, theres no problem with it. Its just that maybe two or three previous tennants may still know the alarm, so maybe now is the time to change the 4 digit code. You mentioned replacing the battery, I thought the system was direct to mains? I was reading the other forums with regards to the connections becoming loose through vibrations or becoming dry after time. But I take your point on Liability. Is there an engineer you would recommend, or just look one up locally. I live in Lancaster Lancs.

Thank you

Jason

To change your user code:

Press "6"

Enter your existing 4 digit user code

Enter your existing code again

Enter your new code

I would recommend a service visit from a local approved alarm company (either SSAIB or NSI) to give the system a check over and replace the battery. A faulty battery can cause all sorts of problems. If your tennant has a power cut late in the night and the battery is faulty, it can cause the external sounder to ring uncontrollably (ie entering user code has no effect!)

Expect to pay between

Trade Member

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks for the reply :)

No, theres no problem with it. Its just that maybe two or three previous tennants may still know the alarm, so maybe now is the time to change the 4 digit code. You mentioned replacing the battery, I thought the system was direct to mains? I was reading the other forums with regards to the connections becoming loose through vibrations or becoming dry after time. But I take your point on Liability. Is there an engineer you would recommend, or just look one up locally. I live in Lancaster Lancs.

Thank you

Jason

thats where you were going wrong - reading other forums LOL

this is the best you`ll get :yes:

thats where you were going wrong - reading other forums LOL this is the best you`ll get :yes:
Thank you.You don't happen to be an AC/DC fan who can plays guitar?Jase ;)
To change your user code:Press "6"Enter your existing 4 digit user codeEnter your existing code againEnter your new codeI would recommend a service visit from a local approved alarm company (either SSAIB or NSI) to give the system a check over and replace the battery. A faulty battery can cause all sorts of problems. If your tennant has a power cut late in the night and the battery is faulty, it can cause the external sounder to ring uncontrollably (ie entering user code has no effect!)Expect to pay between

Archived