Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9800 Behaviour

julians999

I've just been reading the manual, and have reset the main user code, and I have also enabled and reset user code 2.

Also according to the manual the default is for the system to rearm itself once, which I presume it did.

Might well investigate an upgrade.

cheers for the info all.

was the code left on the sequential 'default'? if so untold thousands of people knew it ;)

avoid historical dates 1812, 1066 etc also sequential or repetative ie 3456 (simple to find) 7777 (wears one key out fast) numbers, and on that panel also avoid ending with a '4' (chime) or a '6' (prog) of people make mistakes by double keying

i advise to work with something based on date of birth like the year born (or if i don't like the husband much i tell the wife to use the their wedding anniversary - so when he forgets a card and flowers - but then i'm very very evil minded :yes: .

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
was the code left on the sequential 'default'? if so untold thousands of people knew it ;)

avoid historical dates 1812, 1066 etc also sequential or repetative ie 3456 (simple to find) 7777 (wears one key out fast) numbers, and on that panel also avoid ending with a '4' (chime) or a '6' (prog) of people make mistakes by double keying

i advise to work with something based on date of birth like the year born (or if i don't like the husband much i tell the wife to use the their wedding anniversary - so when he forgets a card and flowers - but then i'm very very evil minded :yes: .

regs

alan

was it a good vintage this year old chap ?

I will be calling the installers tomorrow, but just for my info, which way is more usual?

you have a maintance contract with a proper alarm company? (eg nsi / saaib)

if not time to get your hand in your pocket

Have you got any cctv in your street by any chance or neighbours got cctv installed

have you thought of installling cctv on your house in case this sort of things happens again, it might be an idea..... :whistle:

i know horse, gate, bolted and closed comes into peoples thinking now though but really it would be a sensible move now..

and for heavens sake don't go the pc route if you decide to have cctv installed as if someone was to steal your pc then youve lost all your info.

instead go for a standalone unit dvr and tv/monitor...

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Archived