Security Installer Community

Galaxy 16 / Pir

GrahamUK33

I have had a Galaxy 16 alarm fitted some time ago and wired in PIR's, after decorating a room I took down a PIR. This PIR has anti-tamper which sets the alarm off by opening the PIR unit to unscrew it from the wall.

I have screwed this PIR back on the wall and put the case back on and just can

Graham

twitter: ithorizon1

http://www.ithorizon.co.uk

I have had a Galaxy 16 alarm fitted some time ago and wired in PIR's, after decorating a room I took down a PIR. This PIR has anti-tamper which sets the alarm off by opening the PIR unit to unscrew it from the wall.

I have screwed this PIR back on the wall and put the case back on and just can’t seem to get it to work now. I have looked at the cabling and the wires seem to all be in the terminals fine, but the red light don’t come on when it detects you in front. I have even set the alarm (at the panel) to do a walk test for that PIR and it just don’t seem to pick anything up.

I noticed a little spring inside that when you depress the spring it clicks, and then when you take your finger off the alarm goes off.

On the PCB board inside the PIR it has Visionic Ltd Q-Logic, but when I look on there site I cant see the PIR, so maybe they have replaced it with something else.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can try?

are all the other pirs working as your aux fuse may have blown if not? :hmm:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Yes all other PIR's are working fine, so not sure if PIR is faulty or just been removed from the control panel, but I can see an entry there for it to do the walk test.

Would it be anything to do with the anti-tamper?

Graham

Yes all other PIR's are working fine, so not sure if PIR is faulty or just been removed from the control panel, but I can see an entry there for it to do the walk test.

Would it be anything to do with the anti-tamper?

are you sure one of the power cores have not come loose or out :hmm:

i would not say it was anything to do with tamper as the panel wont set if theres a tamper fault

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

I have checked the wires again and they all seem to be connected. The panel and PA do detect when the front case of the PIR is taken off, so it seems to be there, be just not working on the walk test... very strange.

Graham

Archived