Security Installer Community

Wireless Pir's

Dabsbhatti

I got a Domonial on which I cant get the keypad to talk to the control panel. (see previous posts). Unfortunately nobody seems to be willing to give me advise on wether I should try and get this repaired or not or just replace it. I don't even know where to get it repaired.

Anyway point is I got Honeywell Wirless PIR's and Door contacts, which are quite expensive, which I would like to use with a new alarm. I've got a couple of installers to come and quote and when I ask them if they can incorporate my existing kit some have said I will have to go with compatible Honeywell control panel whereas one said he could incorporate with scantronic. Now the only reason the scantronic name 'appealled' to me was because I had one in my previous house and my parents house has got one and they seem to be pretty reliable (mind you they were hardwired not wireless, buts thats another thread I guess). So the objective is to use my existing kit and not have to spend a fortune to get the whole place alarmed up from scratch.

Based on earlier threads,

Ditch it and start again with sensible kit.

You said previously you bought the existing kit second hand, it isn't a favoured product within trade. Not worth the effort.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Based on earlier threads,

Ditch it and start again with sensible kit.

You said previously you bought the existing kit second hand, it isn't a favoured product within trade. Not worth the effort.

Lets ditch the domonial then. What can I buy that would enable me to use the existing pirs and door contacts. Galaxy + RF portal would be the obvious choice, but not very easy to setup I suppose?

Anybody want a deal on wireless stuff? :whistle:

If you've got Dom pirs then the g2 and rfportal will be suitable with a professional installer, if you can find one who will use your kit. Most installers will run away from people who want part professional/part diy as they will always want the professional to sort the diy problems.

My advice? Flog the kit on ebay and get a proper system intalled.

Archived