Security Installer Community

Minerva 80

sparkydom

Guest Cerberus NI
You say it had adressable base??

Must be 500 series detectors then??

must say if its 500 then the base usually is the problem but you must make sure the correct detector is fitted or the ID will be incorrect which will show hi or lo ID fault !!

Have you tried a know good detector in the base of the faulty one?

See my M400/M500 comment!! :D

do you have a device list?

My 1st choice would be the base but I have come across wrong heads being fitted !!

When you say optical they could be MR501 or MR501T or MR501TA so make sure you have got the matching device to the device list

Guest Cerberus NI
Thanks for the replies,

The Detectors are indeed 500 series, with addressable bases.

The detectors are mainly opticals, and known working detectors have been put onto the base, all with the same low Ident faults

It's looking like the bases me thinks (although I would agree to check the loop isolators as well).

• 1 month later...
It's looking like the bases me thinks (although I would agree to check the loop isolators as well).

Base on a head will be faulty if its 500 series stuff, not neccessaraly 1 thats showing low ID or could be a call point(check none are wet etc). Doubt an LI will cause that problem

Over-rated piece of tripe in my opinion the Minerva panels, too many combinations to cause faults and depending on what version its running can't put 900 series in to replace. Easy way for Thorn (later //.Large National Installer.//) to make easy money as they're always going wrong

Guest Cerberus NI
Base on a head will be faulty if its 500 series stuff, not neccessaraly 1 thats showing low ID or could be a call point(check none are wet etc). Doubt an LI will cause that problem

Over-rated piece of tripe in my opinion the Minerva panels, too many combinations to cause faults and depending on what version its running can't put 900 series in to replace. Easy way for Thorn (later //.Large National Installer.//) to make easy money as they're always going wrong

Don't you sound bitter!!!! :P

• 7 months later...
Blimey - didn't think there were (m)any of those still steaming on.

Low Ident faults are most usually down to a knackered line isolator - have you tried linking out the isolators either side of the heads to see if that cures the fault? It should do - you need to reinstate them one at a time to see which one is faulty.

How old are the devices?

What are the Compensation Values for the devices?

HAve you checked voltage levels?

I think it's already been pointed out, but the other aspect of this is that 2010 is the cut off for any further tech support from Tyco - your customer needs to be thinking about budgeting for an upgrade......

I have a number of Minerva Manuals - I think I have the service, install, commissioning(3), and comms manuals.....will dig 'em out and email them if you let me have your email.....

Regards,

Hi Bill

I have recently started work as Project Engineer on a new plant that has Minerva 80 panels. I need to get some work done on the system and need to get my head around the programming of the system. WOuld you have any manuals you could email

These will eventually be replaced but until then I need to know how the system works.

Many thanks,

Mike

Blimey - didn't think there were (m)any of those still steaming on.

Low Ident faults are most usually down to a knackered line isolator - have you tried linking out the isolators either side of the heads to see if that cures the fault? It should do - you need to reinstate them one at a time to see which one is faulty.

How old are the devices?

What are the Compensation Values for the devices?

HAve you checked voltage levels?

I think it's already been pointed out, but the other aspect of this is that 2010 is the cut off for any further tech support from Tyco - your customer needs to be thinking about budgeting for an upgrade......

I have a number of Minerva Manuals - I think I have the service, install, commissioning(3), and comms manuals.....will dig 'em out and email them if you let me have your email.....

Regards,

Hi Bill Boyd of Corefire

I have recently started work as Project Engineer on a new plant that has Minerva 80 panels. I need to get some work done on the system and need to get my head around the programming of the system. WOuld you have any manuals you could email on to me at

These will eventually be replaced but until then I need to know how the system works.

Many thanks,

Mike

• 2 months later...

Hi to everyone in the blog !

I found very usefull informations about CCTV and many things.

I have a science project this year about Fire and Safety in common areas.

The common area that i choose is Hotels. Minerva 80 and this kind of programs are necessary for the communication between the main panel and the room security smoke dedectors.

How can i get this program and how much it will cost to me ?

thanks for considering

Many Thanks

Yigit

Archived