Security Installer Community

Redwalls & Ir Lamps?

sparky3366

Hi all....the firm I work for are fitting out a system with the following gear. Wi-fi transmitters, PA speakers, redwalls & IR lamp panels.

I was wondering if the IR lamps will affect the redwalls at al & will street lighting affect the working of the system at night? The nearest street light is 3metres away...

cheers all...

If at first you don't succeed...don't try skydiving!

Hi all....the firm I work for are fitting out a system with the following gear. Wi-fi transmitters, PA speakers, redwalls & IR lamp panels.

I was wondering if the IR lamps will affect the redwalls at al & will street lighting affect the working of the system at night? The nearest street light is 3metres away...

cheers all...

Hi There

I'd be more worried about whether or not a proper site radio survey had been carried out.

IR lamps generate inrared "light" at one of two or three frequencies, in order to illuminate an otherwise dark area. You will see a benefit only with monochrome cameras, as infrared washes out colour video - giving some very odd results. Most IR lamps are very narrow frequency - usually at between 730nm and 850nm - you can tell the difference as we can "see" inrared light generated around 760nm and lower, and you get red light at night. Higher frequency lighting does not glow red at night.

As for Redwalls being affected by IR lighting - no, for one thing, the light pool is static, and Redwall, like another passive infrared detector needs to see a change across several "fingers" before registering a temperature change. Redwall detectors also incorporate logic in that they can be set to detect event A AND event B or it can be set to trigger for either of event A OR event B - in addition it has an adjustable sensitivity setting. A Redwall will see an IR lamp as no threat.

Street lighting - by which I guess you mean low pressure sodium - the orange lighting - shouldn't affect anything very much at all - other than provide additional illumination - monochrome video does not suffer under sodium lighting, though colour can.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bill Boyd.

Core Fire and Security.

www.corefire.co.uk

0845 224 6072

Many thanks Bill...there has been a radio survey done with good line of site. The poles range from 8m to 12m in height for line of sight tx/rx. The panasonic ptz's are day/night as well.

Thanks for your help...much appreciated. cheers

If at first you don't succeed...don't try skydiving!

Archived