Security Installer Community

Coveret I/r Surveillance

Alister

Can any member recommend a camera with 940nm infra red illumination which will provide good quality images covertly in total darkness up to a range of 15m approx from inside a window!

are you pointing the camera through the glass of the window or using ambient light provided by it?

you will likely get ir bouncing back into the lens :unsure:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

are you pointing the camera through the glass of the window or using ambient light provided by it?

you will likely get ir bouncing back into the lens :unsure:

regs

alan

Both the camera, either with built-in I/R or stand-alone I/R, will be positioned on a window cill. The light for the camera will be provided only by the covert I/R illuminator.

Another aspect of the question is - If the camera (and I/R) are positioned hard up against the window glass will reflection still occur?

Both the camera, either with built-in I/R or stand-alone I/R, will be positioned on a window cill. The light for the camera will be provided only by the covert I/R illuminator.

Another aspect of the question is - If the camera (and I/R) are positioned hard up against the window glass will reflection still occur?

if you use the type that have the led's as a ring around the lens they will 'halo' off the glass when the photo cell decides to switch on, end's up looking like a british gas advert :)

to help void this you would be better off imo to use a separate lamp and camera, but the cheaper one's still give a visible red glow and you might still get reflections if the camera is away from the glass,, which it most likely will be to get the required view.

depends on the job obviously, why not use a v/r dome they are not that big, but if you must hide it you could use a small bullet camera behind a mesh grill or air brick installed for just this purpose, then use an auto flood for illumination as imo better to try to try and deter prior to than detect after the event

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks for the response Alan.

Archived