Security Installer Community

Salamander Door Retainers

I must admit i am confused - I have always been under the impression that datonte' door hold units should release as fail safe if there is a fault on the fire alarm system, Being connected to control output signal only, not alarm signal, as all interface should be, or have BS: Standards been relaxed.

Also localised detection should installed either side of a door that has devices fitted ?

Well according to the Salamander bumph they are fail safe.

I don't see why they need to be close in the event of a generalised fault on the fire system, only complete failure.

Re detection, .... the CFOA document which i can't attach is still current I think (March 2003) but don't hold me to it..... but this discourages devices either side of a door and wants an L3 system regardless......as it states the lack of bouyancy and air movement won't necessarily carry smoke to the detector by the door.

Any one want a copy can pm me with an email address...... :rolleyes:

Guest Cerberus NI
Well according to the Salamander bumph they are fail safe.

I don't see why they need to be close in the event of a generalised fault on the fire system, only complete failure.

Re detection, .... the CFOA document which i can't attach is still current I think (March 2003) but don't hold me to it..... but this discourages devices either side of a door and wants an L3 system regardless......as it states the lack of bouyancy and air movement won't necessarily carry smoke to the detector by the door.

Any one want a copy can pm me with an email address...... :rolleyes:

Aye,go on - may as well add it to the mountain of other bumph that probably doesn't apply in NI!!!!

I made the assumption that the closing on fault related to the doorguards being powered from the fire alarm so as they didn't affect the mains failure standby or alarm time

I am totally confused with that !

Dorguards are standalone little units with their own battery.... not powered or connected to the fire alarm system at all....

• 5 months later...
I am about to take a leap of faith with this door retainer system , anyone used them recently , any info would be good , read the blurb , seems good , in anticipation

Top man.

Henceforth you are the new forum Salamander Man and we await your full report with great anticipation.............. :)

Top man.

Henceforth you are the new forum Salamander Man and we await your full report with great anticipation.............. :)

I was going to say "Good luck & let us know how you get on, better your time and money than ours" but what he said was funnier ;)

C.

:)

Archived