Security Installer Community

Impact Protection For Windows

Ive been ask to provide cover to windows in a Hall which receives a lot of vandalism, only last week four windows were broken (again) and im sure the suspects will be back.

There is a Texecom panel fitted and I was thinking along the lines of "Impac Plus" shock sensor or "Impac Glass Break" sensors. Which of these two would be the best?

Alternatively is there a wireless route I could take and possibly interface the wireless panel with the hardwired one?

Thanks for reading

Ive been ask to provide cover to windows in a Hall which receives a lot of vandalism, only last week four windows were broken (again) and im sure the suspects will be back.

There is a Texecom panel fitted and I was thinking along the lines of "Impac Plus" shock sensor or "Impac Glass Break" sensors. Which of these two would be the best?

Alternatively is there a wireless route I could take and possibly interface the wireless panel with the hardwired one?

Thanks for reading

What exactly are you trying to achieve??

Whilst being a right pain in the a**e, vandalism is somewhat different to burglary. Triggering the alarm each time a window is broken is probably going to encourage the culprits further.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Hi Barooga,

Basically I want any interference to the windows to trigger to the alarm and dial out to a few people living local. It would take the police at least 15minutes to respond so that is not an option as it could be burned to the ground by then

have you thought about using external automatic voice warning devicess of having the windows 'netted' with chicken wire against stones?

i f the budget wil run to it a layer of Plexiglass might be a viable alternative

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

They are considering shutters for the window but want to avoid this if possible for aesthetic reasons. Arfur the external voice thing wouldn't work in this case as it isn't kids wanting to break a few windows. Unfortunately in Northern Ireland here we have still a lot of problems with people wanting to destroy property from a different religion

Guest anguscanplay

I`d have to agree - it`s a better option to protect the windows from the damage in the first place, then maybe an external sensor temperarily till the culprits have been " dealt " with

Is there such a thing as a glass break sensor that doesnt have to be mounted on the window itself?

hi Baracus,

this is very hard to advise you as to your best way forward. i personally (apart from my dear mother-in-law) have never experienced or dealt with any sort of biased or sectarianism terrorism.

:hmm: maybe ian paisly or martin mc whats his face will allow a voice over?

seriously though, break glass detectors either direct glass mounted or the type that are amicrophone are always reactive, i.e. the attack has to be initiated before a response is prompted.

the voice warn/auto light is viewed as pro active as it warns before (hopefully) an attempt to enter or damage is made.

cctv might be the midway solution maybe, with remote observation perhaps and email warning of activation as is allowed by geovision type software (amongst others).

imo a real tough problem either way.

tbh and imo a scenario that is sometime better to admit defeat upfront and honestly, let the 'big boys' chew the cud over it :yes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived