Security Installer Community

Gardtec Xs3d

rosco

I'm thinking of replacing my current bell box (old ) been meaning to do it for ages but never got round to it. I've been looking at the Gardtec XS3D which peeps have rated well. Someone knocked the strobe saying it could have been better. Anyone have the same views. What's you're opinion? I have also looked at the Ventcroft Vision with the 3 rotating strobes. Any views here? I was kind of thinking that 3 strobes may draw too much current from the panel and cause issues (Gardtec 480 panel is what i'm going to be using).

On another note does anyone know if the G-Tag Prox readers can be used with the Gardtec 480 panel?

Any ideas?

cheers

I'm thinking of replacing my current bell box (old ) been meaning to do it for ages but never got round to it. I've been looking at the Gardtec XS3D which peeps have rated well. Someone knocked the strobe saying it could have been better. Anyone have the same views. What's you're opinion? I have also looked at the Ventcroft Vision with the 3 rotating strobes. Any views here? I was kind of thinking that 3 strobes may draw too much current from the panel and cause issues (Gardtec 480 panel is what i'm going to be using).

On another note does anyone know if the G-Tag Prox readers can be used with the Gardtec 480 panel?

Any ideas?

cheers

Fitted a few XS3D bells. Sound output is quite good, the strobe is very poor though you could do a lot worse than the XS3D. The Vision is a fiddly bell box to fit if you're not used to them. They have a lot going on inside them which could confuse someone not familiar with the terminologies but they are alright when fitted. Quite loud too. The strobe doesn't draw any more currant than a regular SAB because they flash alternately in a clockwise direction.

I don't believe you can fit G Tag readers to the 480 but you can use some prox peripherals on the 490 (again, not sure which ones)

Trade Member

Fitted a few XS3D bells. Sound output is quite good, the strobe is very poor though you could do a lot worse than the XS3D. The Vision is a fiddly bell box to fit if you're not used to them. They have a lot going on inside them which could confuse someone not familiar with the terminologies but they are alright when fitted. Quite loud too. The strobe doesn't draw any more currant than a regular SAB because they flash alternately in a clockwise direction.

I don't believe you can fit G Tag readers to the 480 but you can use some prox peripherals on the 490 (again, not sure which ones)

Hi, Thanks for that. I'm not familiar with vision bells but i'm confident to work with almost any bell and can understand most of the terminologies. When you sat the strobe is poor what do you mean? Flash rate etc?

Thanks

Hi, Thanks for that. I'm not familiar with vision bells but i'm confident to work with almost any bell and can understand most of the terminologies. When you sat the strobe is poor what do you mean? Flash rate etc?

Thanks

its a bit 'dim' ;)

Archived