Security Installer Community

Man Track - A Form Of Access Control System?

Akeem

Dear All,

Kindly tell me what product I can use as stand-alone to achieve inter-locking door kind of operation i.e. when a button is pressed, one door opens. the second door remains lock until the first door is closed even when the button meant to open that second door is pressed.

Thanks

Akeem

Dear All,

Kindly tell me what product I can use as stand-alone to achieve inter-locking door kind of operation i.e. when a button is pressed, one door opens. the second door remains lock until the first door is closed even when the button meant to open that second door is pressed.

Thanks

Akeem

commonly known as a 2 door siphon, very simply circuitry. you need 2 door contacts and 2 x 12 volt double pole relays relays plus 2 or more button's.

door contact on door one is wired in series with relay 1, ditto for door 2 so when the doors are closed both relays are 'active'. the buttons are wired in series through the relay appropriate 'springs'.

so you press button one if relay 2 is 'active the short is allowed to passed through relay 2 springs onto the lock release, if door 2 is open when door 1 button/s is pressed the spring on relay 2 prevent the releasing of door 1 (because relay 2 is inactive)and the same is so for the other door.

some engineers will just use the door contacts in series with the opposite doors button/s, but the reeds tend to weld shut after a while hence the relays to handle the current reliably

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

You can do this simply with 2 contacted mag locks each with a Psu and a push to break button. When one door is open use its monitor contacts to over ride the second doors push to break button so if its pressed the lock won't release until the doors shut. Do the the same with the second lock job done.

commonly known as a 2 door siphon, very simply circuitry. you need 2 door contacts and 2 x 12 volt double pole relays relays plus 2 or more button's.

door contact on door one is wired in series with relay 1, ditto for door 2 so when the doors are closed both relays are 'active'. the buttons are wired in series through the relay appropriate 'springs'.

so you press button one if relay 2 is 'active the short is allowed to passed through relay 2 springs onto the lock release, if door 2 is open when door 1 button/s is pressed the spring on relay 2 prevent the releasing of door 1 (because relay 2 is inactive)and the same is so for the other door.

some engineers will just use the door contacts in series with the opposite doors button/s, but the reeds tend to weld shut after a while hence the relays to handle the current reliably

regs

alan

Thank you. I'll do this and surely let you know how it goes.

Akeem

You can do this simply with 2 contacted mag locks each with a Psu and a push to break button. When one door is open use its monitor contacts to over ride the second doors push to break button so if its pressed the lock won't release until the doors shut. Do the the same with the second lock job done.

Dave,

Please can you draw something for me based on the explanation you gave?

Regards,

Akeem

:hmm: i'd be concerned about inductive load of the magnet (or release) and current passed through the reeds in to them.

i did a lot of design work into this for projects i got involved in a few years back, and designed a 4 door siphon unit, obviously a lot more sophisticated electronics with doors held open on a timer and warning buzzers etc, and found reeds are too liable to jam due to arcing after a short period.

micro switches would have better ressistance to failure, but tricky to set up reliably even using monitored keeps, overal design would depend on usage and through traffic to comment further.

regs

alan

Dave,

Please can you draw something for me based on the explanation you gave?

Regards,

Akeem

Door 1

12+voltage -----------door button 1----------------mag/micro contact 2--------------maglock/release1----------------Voltage -ve

Door 2

12+voltage -----------door button 2----------------mag/micro contact 1--------------maglock/release2----------------Voltage -ve

but see comments above

if this is for high security or personal risk is involved then get a security engineer to set this up for you the above is for concept conciderations only not the final design.

regs

alan

:hmm: i'd be concerned about inductive load of the magnet (or release) and current passed through the reeds in to them.

i did a lot of design work into this for projects i got involved in a few years back, and designed a 4 door siphon unit, obviously a lot more sophisticated electronics with doors held open on a timer and warning buzzers etc, and found reeds are too liable to jam due to arcing after a short period.

micro switches would have better ressistance to failure, but tricky to set up reliably even using monitored keeps, overal design would depend on usage and through traffic to comment further.

regs

alan

I wouldn't be using a reed switch I would use the contacts of the mag lock which is a relay

Archived