Security Installer Community

Need Of Veritas 8c Installation And User Manuals

dimitriap

Guest Dave the alarm man
Was it Dave the Alarm Man that spotted it?

good guess

Shouldn't you lot be out fitting alarms or something :)

no everyone diy bodging nowadays :whistle:

ahh well thats cause thats diy - the elusive risco stuff might be available but it is`nt for public comsumption, thing changed when some retailers used their buying power ( not saying grey, but deffo not white either) to bump the market leaving the manf. no choice but to supply the said fixeyscrew people, same with all the "online security buy from us were kosher really...." sites, the manf. cant stop em selling it but they don`t want em too. Thing with people like myself and sites like this is is we did start giving out detailed instructions ther`s still no guarentee your doing it right and if you get it wrong there are proper consequences.

Managed to register as "trade" on the Risco site no problem - downloaded everything they've got!!! :):) Agree it's not written with the DIYer in mind though so you'd need some understanding of alarm wiring to use it.

Understand about a pro giving advice / liability though. It's the same with somebody who is medically trained helping somebody in the street - kill / injure them & they can sue (unless it's the kill option of course). If an amateur does it there's no comeback.

Guest Dave the alarm man
Did you get the "post to refer" record. I recon it took you abt 5 seconds. :)

no idea , again I don't know if someone else beat me to it

Guest Dave the alarm man
Managed to register as "trade" on the Risco site no problem - downloaded everything they've got!!! :):) Agree it's not written with the DIYer in mind though so you'd need some understanding of alarm wiring to use it.

BIG WOW, theres a place I can get it password free (expect the orbit),

I've got the factory manuals for my car off fleabay, do I have the skill or the tools to do it to the standard of the main agent?

no, :no:

Should I have really these :no:

Are they devauling someone elses trade :hmm: ....... :yes:

Guest anguscanplay

not been funny Ian but message it to me so I can check it out - cause your definition of " risco trade " won`t be the same as mine

not been funny Ian but message it to me so I can check it out - cause your definition of " risco trade " won`t be the same as mine

Not sure what you mean by the definition of Risco Trade.The registration I got is enough to download all of the engineer / installation manuals and the price list. Not sure if there's another level of "Trade" that gets you more.

Wasn't difficult and didn't involve any deception - they're just sloppy.Strangely Texecom are tighter.

Quite why when you can download their manuals freely from :ninja: I'm not too sure.

Ian

BIG WOW, theres a place I can get it password free (expect the orbit),

I've got the factory manuals for my car off fleabay, do I have the skill or the tools to do it to the standard of the main agent?

no, :no:

Should I have really these :no:

Are they devauling someone elses trade :hmm: ....... :yes:

I'm guessing you don't do any DIY yourself Dave.

Do you have dressers to get you ready for work in the morning? Hope you're not doing them out of a trade by dressing yourself.

Not keen on this diy engineer amnual thing, just to make the site rules very clear, even if they are about on the net elsewhere nobody on here should be pointing anyone anywhere in the direction of engineer manuals, Gardtec need a kick up the bum for selling trade kit witgh defaulting information to the public, I know loads of us aren't happy and why.... basically when someone thinks.... ahhh easy I can do this and then comes on asking... "Um I've defaulted my panel but won't go into engineer says engineer code locked.... or been to me mates alarm and now it's not working, I'm the best at everything and you guys are all usless but tell me how to fix it for free now!" and such like,...... advice yes..... telling people how to do our job and teach them years of experience.... if they want to do alarms let them get a job and train to do it then they would know lol

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Archived