Security Installer Community

Need Of Veritas 8c Installation And User Manuals

dimitriap

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Few days ago somebody tried to brake into my house. Got an alarm unit Veritas 8C from my uncle and I have problems installing it as I have no manuals.

If somebody can mail me these. Thanks

The user manual can be downloaded from the manufacturers site (www.texe.com)

As you'll be aware under site rules, we are unable to give you engineering or installation information

cheers

Iain

NO Links To Engineer Manual Sites Please I Know Your Trying To Help But These Links Have Engineers Manuals On The Site

Was it Dave the Alarm Man that spotted it? Shouldn't you lot be out fitting alarms or something :)

I do understand that you don't want to post manuals - but they're easily available on the net - for free & sold.

If all else fails try Google!

Guest anguscanplay
In this site's early days all manuals were available to anyone, and there was no restriction on the advice a member could give. But it wasn't long before several manufacturers found this site, took a dislike to the ammount of information available and threatened legal action... Sadly i'm in no position to afford that sort of expense, so the manuals were hidden and guidelines agreed with members that no defaulting or complex programming information be given.

A Member may help out via the PM system if they so wish and i'm sure that a few do, but surely you can see that certain information just should not be on public display.

covered this recently in the topic started by Fixer - extract from that is above

covered this recently in the topic started by Fixer - extract from that is above

Ok. Seems odd that some retailers allow free downloads of what is presumable copyright material and others sell it on CD - one sells a CD with thousands of manuals on it! Do you reckon they're all paying copyright?

Guest anguscanplay
Ok. Seems odd that some retailers allow free downloads of what is presumable copyright material and others sell it on CD - one sells a CD with thousands of manuals on it! Do you reckon they're all paying copyright?

retailers or manf`s that is the question - plus fixer bought a copy (LOL) after we warned him and most of the stuff is non uk market,out of date or just plain wrong said it before you can find out anything on the net but that doesnt make it right

anti - personel mines anyone? ( got two for sale )

retailers or manf`s that is the question - plus fixer bought a copy (LOL) after we warned him and most of the stuff is non uk market,out of date or just plain wrong said it before you can find out anything on the net but that doesnt make it right

anti - personel mines anyone? ( got two for sale )

Retailers. Uk Market. One also lets you download the Texecom software for free! One version old granted.

Some manufacturers are less than rigorous vetting "trade" download registrations.

Anti personnel mines? These look like fun http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/ALARM_MINES.htm

Guess they're intended more for Gamekeepers. Not sure what would happen if you gave the would be burglar a heart attack.

Guest anguscanplay
Retailers. Uk Market. One also lets you download the Texecom software for free! One version old granted.

ahh well thats cause thats diy - the elusive risco stuff might be available but it is`nt for public comsumption, thing changed when some retailers used their buying power ( not saying grey, but deffo not white either) to bump the market leaving the manf. no choice but to supply the said fixeyscrew people, same with all the "online security buy from us were kosher really...." sites, the manf. cant stop em selling it but they don`t want em too. Thing with people like myself and sites like this is is we did start giving out detailed instructions ther`s still no guarentee your doing it right and if you get it wrong there are proper consequences.

Archived