Security Installer Community

Wireless Lan For Transmission Of Camera 3km

Neutech

Have Client who owns large property, we have installed close to 40 cameras to cover his home/estate but there is a private back road leading to his house that he wants to view anyone coming on to it

I've spoken to few suppliers about long range wireless transmission and have been amazed at how some stay in business with the amount of money they charge for equipment, before anyone chips in with thier 2p worth that "you get what you pay for" i have never had a problem paying whatever prices for quality equipment but

It is little understood that the cost of secure reliable transmission will often exceed the cost of the camera install by a factor or ten (or even 100!).

For example in the UK the cost of transmission for a town centre camera is budgeted at

llkie - Thanks for the info, i've already explained to the client that there are number of issues with doing this wireless but to cable it in armoured cable at the distance it needs to go is going to be 100 times more expensive, he's well aware of hacking etc but this is not a main camera its purely to see who else is using "his" private road :rolleyes:.

No PTZ involved so will be straightforward signal from camera.

Barooga - Thanks for the links, will drop them emails for information and pricing

anyone else?

NeutechAbout 18 months ago had a similar problem where a customer had a remote site about 3km away and were going down the ISDN route but costs were astronomical on line rental. Went to RDC really helpful guys and installed tranmitter/receiver on buildings. Main building in a town centre was high enough for line of sight, apparently this is not always necessary but we did'nt chance it. The remote site to this day is sending a fairly good quad picture back to the main system, and once bought no other fees are incurred i.e. line rental etc,.Sparkler

NeutechAbout 18 months ago had a similar problem where a customer had a remote site about 3km away and were going down the ISDN route but costs were astronomical on line rental. Went to RDC really helpful guys and installed tranmitter/receiver on buildings. Main building in a town centre was high enough for line of sight, apparently this is not always necessary but we did'nt chance it. The remote site to this day is sending a fairly good quad picture back to the main system, and once bought no other fees are incurred i.e. line rental etc,.Sparkler
Correction RDT

NeutechAbout 18 months ago had a similar problem where a customer had a remote site about 3km away and were going down the ISDN route but costs were astronomical on line rental. Went to RDC really helpful guys and installed tranmitter/receiver on buildings. Main building in a town centre was high enough for line of sight, apparently this is not always necessary but we did'nt chance it. The remote site to this day is sending a fairly good quad picture back to the main system, and once bought no other fees are incurred i.e. line rental etc,.SparklerCorrection RDT

Might be worth talking to this chap, Shaun, BFI Optilas Ltd, Direct line +44 (0) 1908 326326, their the spplier for Avigilon, think he has long range wireless products. Im waiting on a price list myself so Im not sure are the expensive. One of the main issues about IP over Wi-fi is Lag, some wireless data providers specialize in the cctv side I think Shaun will advise. You could do with the contracting an IT Security expert to do the config, PM me if you want I have a guy that might suit.

Fla

Eoghan O'Flaherty

Fusion Networks

Southern Ireland

info@fusionnetworks.ie

VOICE VIDEO DATA NETWORKS

Might be worth talking to this chap, Shaun, BFI Optilas Ltd, Direct line +44 (0) 1908 326326, their the spplier for Avigilon, think he has long range wireless products. Im waiting on a price list myself so Im not sure are the expensive. One of the main issues about IP over Wi-fi is Lag, some wireless data providers specialize in the cctv side I think Shaun will advise. You could do with the contracting an IT Security expert to do the config, PM me if you want I have a guy that might suit.

Fla

With all things IP (and planning for bandwidth to assure high frame rate and quality resolution) latency is a major issue.

Do not try to use PTZ cameras on such links until you have seen them in action.

The latency on some so-called professional links make PTZ operation almost unusable.

So try before you buy!

Ilkie

Archived