Security Installer Community

Placing External Powermax+ Siren Indoors

PMSecure

As a DIYer in rented accomodation, I'm wondering if I can put the external siren from a PowerMax+ indoors.

My reasons for considering this are:

1. I won't have to get Landlord consent for drilling holes in his external wall

2. It'll be easier to remove the alarm system when I move out of the propery

3. I read that in theory having a visible alarm can increase chances of being burgled as it shows you have something worth stealing (maybe this is a bad theory?)

4. Having the siren going off indoors will make it more unpleasant for the intruder, so they might leave quicker, hence steal less.

5. If there is a false alarm, neighbours won't be subjected to the same intensity of alarm as if it were outside.

6. If no neighbours are going to respond on hearing the alarm, what is the point in having it outside?

Is there any reason not to do this, or anything I should consider? E.g. putting up warning signs that intruders face the danger of hearing damage?

As a DIYer in rented accomodation, I'm wondering if I can put the external siren from a PowerMax+ indoors.

My reasons for considering this are:

1. I won't have to get Landlord consent for drilling holes in his external wall

2. It'll be easier to remove the alarm system when I move out of the propery

3. I read that in theory having a visible alarm can increase chances of being burgled as it shows you have something worth stealing (maybe this is a bad theory?)

4. Having the siren going off indoors will make it more unpleasant for the intruder, so they might leave quicker, hence steal less.

5. If there is a false alarm, neighbours won't be subjected to the same intensity of alarm as if it were outside.

6. If no neighbours are going to respond on hearing the alarm, what is the point in having it outside?

Is there any reason not to do this, or anything I should consider? E.g. putting up warning signs that intruders face the danger of hearing damage?

Hi PMSecure,

1. i'd ask permission

2. won't add a lot of work, just some polyfiller

3. the visible siren is a detterent, hopefully noticed will encourage the intruder to go elswere

4. have a loud internal anyway for this reason. you also have to concider false alarms and diturbance to your fellow neighbours with young children.

5. above, below and along side they will be subject to more noise.

6. deterrent and out of easy reach.

their are occasions where there is no option, like small communal landings on high rise blocks, but best avoided if you can as any fault on the system you may not be around to stop the noise, and could make you a tad disliked.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived