Security Installer Community

Silent Witness Networking

energysolutions

Hi,

I have a Silent Witness 8 channel GYYR DVMS 800 CCTV DVR which I would like to view remotely via LAN or internet connection.

At present there is no dedicated LAN network port on the machine commonly used in network applications. It is stated in the manual supplied with the machine that a network card can be installed via the PCMIA slot found in the rear of the machine.

Please advise if this is possible and what is involved.

Thanks in advance.

Danny

Hi Danny

You should be able to use an off the shelf PCMCIA card in the slot in the back - there will be a masking plate over it at present

You will need the RAS (remote access software) to view remotely available here - RAS There was no browser software when I was there.

You will find a network card compatibility bulletin an RAS instructons avaiolable for download at the bottom of this page - Honeywell Downloads

Hope this helps

R

Hi Danny

You should be able to use an off the shelf PCMCIA card in the slot in the back - there will be a masking plate over it at present

You will need the RAS (remote access software) to view remotely available here - RAS There was no browser software when I was there.

You will find a network card compatibility bulletin an RAS instructons avaiolable for download at the bottom of this page - Honeywell Downloads

Hope this helps

R

Hi,

Thank you for your swift reply.

I have looked at the link for the RAS software and notice it refers to "DVMS 100/400" models, is this software also compatible with the DVMS 800?

Regards,

Danny.

Hi Danny You want this one HRDV 16/8 and HRDVS RAS (Remote Access Software) - Version 4.10 (further down). This is what Honeywell call the DVMS 800. You may need to download the latest firmware and upload that also.ATBRobinDo you know if your unit is simplex or duplex?Can you record and play at the same time?

Hi Danny You want this one HRDV 16/8 and HRDVS RAS (Remote Access Software) - Version 4.10 (further down). This is what Honeywell call the DVMS 800. You may need to download the latest firmware and upload that also.ATBRobinDo you know if your unit is simplex or duplex?Can you record and play at the same time?

Hi,

Just checked and machine is duplex, Does this make a difference?

Regards,

Danny.

• 2 weeks later...

I now am in possetion of the PCMIA card (Netgear FA511) which, when fitted will enable the machine to be networked via the lan port incorporated in the card.

I am unsure how to load the software which came with the card onto the machine as there appears to be no facility to do this.

Any ideas? Is this possible or am I wasting my time?

I now am in possetion of the PCMIA card (Netgear FA511) which, when fitted will enable the machine to be networked via the lan port incorporated in the card.

I am unsure how to load the software which came with the card onto the machine as there appears to be no facility to do this.

Any ideas? Is this possible or am I wasting my time?

If the machine is quoted as working with this card it should work without drivers, don't forget that if connecting to a switch use a network cable, if connecting to another PC use a network crossover cable.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived