Security Installer Community

Gardtec Keypad Delay

anthonyn

HI All

I have a gardtec system with the g tag key pad.

somtimes when unsetting the system the alarm freezes and does not respond, and the alarm will sound. any idears of what would cause this?

Thanks

Anthony

how long has it been fitted? the diodes may need to be fitted in the panel at the rkp terminals.

Thanks guys for the comments

it has been fitted for about a year. but the house was still being fixed up, so it had not been used.

the diodes may need to be fitted in the panel at the rkp terminals

I will check this

Angus. we do not have a tag, just a key pad.

could be several things,

makes sure you 'offer' the tag on it's own not with any other prox tags you might have, and holding it steady i.e. without waving it about excessively as that can cause multiple 'reads' which either fill the key buffer up, or misreads, causing it to defensively lock the panel out as though too many invalid code attempts were made.

if it is the only tag might be worth deleting and re-inserting it or getting a new one, not unknown for a few to be les than par (for that you will need the master code and user manual).

if it happens on more than one tag, then needs a bit more investigation, could be the keypad is slightly out of sync with the main panel (both are data bus connected mini cpu's) or perhaps the proximity coil is damaged so an engineer cal is your best bet then as he can check for bad connections and incorrect voltages

regs

alan.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived