Security Installer Community

Gardtec 370

bircia11

hi my mams alarm was fitted by a local electrician some years ago so no maintence contract etc and the other day my son somehow pulled the pa button of the wall scared him to death aswell i have re wired the button back on you can set unset the system walk test etc but instead og kepad showing UN it sort of displaying every symbol in the user manual but rotating through

any idea before calling somoine out to it

thanks in advance

ian

hi my mams alarm was fitted by a local electrician some years ago so no maintence contract etc and the other day my son somehow pulled the pa button of the wall scared him to death aswell i have re wired the button back on you can set unset the system walk test etc but instead og kepad showing UN it sort of displaying every symbol in the user manual but rotating through

any idea before calling somoine out to it

thanks in advance

ian

Perhaps this will help

Gardtec_370_580_581_582_User_Guide_.pdf

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

hi,

it's possible after all this time the stand by batery is duff, this also acts as a current reserviour for those odd occasions the sirens sound. if it's not up to scratch then the comms synch suffer's and get jangled between the keypad and the main panel (both are computers on a 'bus').

tbh get a competant engineer in to service this now very ancient system, and fit a new battery if required, (which i'd bet it is). he will carry out the work effectively and above all else safely.

he should also offer advise on any upgrading which can enhance the system dramatically

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived