Security Installer Community

2 Pa Buttons On 1 Zone

andymac

its easier if you run a seperate cable to each pa button,

wire both pa's as normal inside the buttons,

then at the panel, (lets say you have used blue and yellow as your alarm pair)

twist the blue from 1 pa with the yellow from the other pa and put it in some terminal block.

then twist the other yellow and blue together and connect into the panel zone terminals.

wire the tampers in the same way.

Trade Intruder

its easier if you run a seperate cable to each pa button,

wire both pa's as normal inside the buttons,

then at the panel, (lets say you have used blue and yellow as your alarm pair)

twist the blue from 1 pa with the yellow from the other pa and put it in some terminal block.

then twist the other yellow and blue together and connect into the panel zone terminals.

wire the tampers in the same way.

Thanks for a promt response to what may seem a stupid question to you. Thanks again.

Hi,

i have to wire to panic buttons to one zone, i understand i have to wire them in series, is this correct? If so could someone explain exactly how to do this (stupid i know) a diagram would be a great help.

Thanks in advance,

Andy

how bigs your house, if you have an 816 you should have enough zones to do them individually

pretty big,

on the 816 i have 1 zone expander taking me 12 zones using the 4 wire method, did not fancy faffing around with resistors. and have a couple of fire detectors as well which eat away at my zones.

i may have to ask a few more questions but tomorrow now as i connect the pro digi thingy!

Andy

Guest anguscanplay
pretty big,

on the 816 i have 1 zone expander taking me 12 zones using the 4 wire method, did not fancy faffing around with resistors. and have a couple of fire detectors as well which eat away at my zones.

i may have to ask a few more questions but tomorrow now as i connect the pro digi thingy!

Andy

really is worth the " faffing around " to get the system working with EOL resistors , you sure its a prodigi ?

I know, EOL is more secure from what ive read, ive been installing this alarm part time for 4 months now, so maybe next year ill try eol, i just like messin around, but 4 wire was easier for beginners.

yeah its a pro digi - see attached pic, any advice?

post-12520-1187822953_thumb.jpg

Guest anguscanplay
I know, EOL is more secure from what ive read, ive been installing this alarm part time for 4 months now, so maybe next year ill try eol, i just like messin around, but 4 wire was easier for beginners.

yeah its a pro digi - see attached pic, any advice?

wheres it dialling to ?

Archived