Security Installer Community

Menvier Ts690r Fault Codes

schiehallion

Hi

I tried posting this in the DIY forum a week ago, but got no response, and thought this forum may have been the place to post it in the first place.

When I moved into this house, I had a hard wired system installed by an approved company. A year later we were burgled, while the alarm was on, (there were other problems like a pir facing a coal fire) I took some advice and decided to fit a menvier TS690R with phone dialer.

It has been running well for a few years now, with only the batteries to replace. The door contacts and PIRs are numbered 1 - 10 and the key fobs 11 - 14. However, as of Saturday I have been unable to set it as it shows 11- Tamper and 12 - Short.

I have the full installation manual and user manual and 'Short' is not a code listed. I have tried cancelling all of the key fobs and re-learning them, but when I come out of the Engineer menu, the same two faults remain.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Many thanks in advance :rolleyes:

Michael

PS. I was not having a pop at professional insallation companies, indeed I have had four systems over the years, but I could not afford to pay another company a year and a half after I paid for the first installation.

Check to see if the keypad zones have been remapped to 11 and 12.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Hi breff

Thanks for your reply. I will go into it tomorrow and have a look to see if any of the circuits have been remapped, but I am not sure that this is the answer.

This system does not does not use zones like my previous hard wired ones did. By default wirefree devices are allocated circuits 01 - 30, and remote keypad circuits are allocated 31 - 38, but I am not using remote keypads.

The 'zones' as such, are set up by deciding which circuits to omit, to allow us to move around at night while the alarm is on. It still sees 11 and 12 as key fobs, and if I remove them the faults are still there, although 'short is not a listed fault code.

Many thanks

Michael

Short on menvier equipment usually indicates a short between the alarm and tamper loops on a hardwired zone, hence check keypad zone mapping.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived