Security Installer Community

Eco 2 Security Ip Addresses

pacerz3000

I want to remotely view my eco 2 security camera at my place of work. I have my security camera on IP address 192.168.1.106 broadcasting locally... so when I type in my 192.168.106 I can see the images. What do I need to do to view this from home? Do I change the settings in my security system and put the external IP in there and then.. type that IP into a web browser.... or do I need to port forward somehow? Thanks for any info.

I want to remotely view my eco 2 security camera at my place of work. I have my security camera on IP address 192.168.1.106 broadcasting locally... so when I type in my 192.168.106 I can see the images. What do I need to do to view this from home? Do I change the settings in my security system and put the external IP in there and then.. type that IP into a web browser.... or do I need to port forward somehow? Thanks for any info.

Ideally you want a static public ip address for a start.

It's a bit complicated to talk you through it but basically you set up the recorder with ip and port settings, setup your router with port forwarding to the recorder then from home you use your web browser or 'NetVu' software and direct it to 'IP Address:Port'

We can't give out Installer manuals on the site but if you go to Dedicated Micros web site you will find the manuals on there

Never Teach Your Apprentice Everything You Know

Ideally you want a static public ip address for a start.

It's a bit complicated to talk you through it but basically you set up the recorder with ip and port settings, setup your router with port forwarding to the recorder then from home you use your web browser or 'NetVu' software and direct it to 'IP Address:Port'

We can't give out Installer manuals on the site but if you go to Dedicated Micros web site you will find the manuals on there

And you need to be very careful setting up the security on your router; otherwise you risk opening up your network to the internet; unless your camera is on a totally separate network from your computers......

Archived